UKC

best holds on a climbing wall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CJD 20 Mar 2006
hello

short post to say that I'm quite thrilled by the excellent decision Awesome Walls have made to use a wide variety of comedy holds on their new wall. Several splendid resin faces (like gargoyles) and... yes... some tortoises! hurrah!

apparently there's also a rather phallic blue hold somewhere at AW too but strangely nobody could remember where.

makes the whole indoor climbing thing far more interesting.

imho, naturally.

anyone else spotted any good holds?
 Kenny 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:
> hello
>
>
> apparently there's also a rather phallic blue hold somewhere at AW too but strangely nobody could remember where.

ah the mystery of the Frost-bitten Yoghurt Fountain hold. It came off (fnaarr) in a lady's mouth.
flashbongo 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD: The new Font holds that are in use at Bristol are very good!
mjk3k 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD: on the easy walls at my local there are 2 walls that the routes are desinged with kids in mind. there all funnny faces .. you can even teach kids how to move up the wall right as there are numbers as holds
OP CJD 20 Mar 2006
In reply to mjk3k:

there's a 'numbers' route at Leeds, which is cool, but I'm currently very taken with the faces
mjk3k 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD: we have a big face on the over hang. evey one things cus its big its the easire way.. just take the little hold to the left of it ... pisss to get up it
flashbongo 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:
with numbers and letters you could set maths problems with multiple finishes....

Just the thing kids need to get them into algebra!

Or chemistry?
mjk3k 20 Mar 2006
In reply to flashbongo: you could .. but that would take the fun out of climbing
mjk3k 20 Mar 2006
In reply to mjk3k: if a leader had a grigri and a atc and the belayer had a Atc-ap and a Reversio, how many belay devices do they have ? coud do it with quick draws and nuts
JRobertson 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:

Yes .. I like the great big ones
kevster747 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD: AR2 in edinburgh has a route that "finishes at the alien head"
 Kenny 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:
> hello
> Several splendid resin faces (like gargoyles)

Gillian McKeith? Vanessa Feltz? Marty Feldman?
 aaronthehippy 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:

Years ago, I went to a climbing wall in the Lakes somewhere that had a surfboard coming out of it. Wish I could remember where it was!
Sharket 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:

St mary's in soton has a few comedy ones, i remeber a great route a few years back that was foxing me which was a dyno from a leaf to a snail to a bat...

the damn bat eluded me and i don't believe its still there...
 Ridge 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:

There's one a Leeds that resembles a somewhat lumpy 36C breast implant.
Or maybe just my sick mind at work...
OP CJD 20 Mar 2006
In reply to Ridge:

I'm liking your specificity w.r.t. size there, Ridge
 Ridge 20 Mar 2006
In reply to CJD:

Years of, ahem, research.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...