UKC

Rich Simpsons trad routes/Ben Heason Thing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
e75c 22 Mar 2006
Keep hearing about these E9 onsights of RS's

Fess up then? Or are these some unfabricated Sheffield rumour mongering then...

Also, Rich, if your reading, what happend over your BH thing? Did you just end up looking stupid then?

Hotbad Peteel 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:

Which rumours would they be then? E9s a bit hard for onsighting
p
e75c 22 Mar 2006
In reply to Hotbad Peteel:

There have been numerous mentions about it on these forums this year. And over on ukbouldering
 Norrie Muir 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:
> Keep hearing about these E9 onsights of RS's
>
Dear E75

Do you hear much when nobody else is about?

Did the voice in your head tell you to make this post?

Did the voice say you should repent your sins?

Do you see a bright light when you hear the voices?

Norrie

Norrie Muir 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:

Dear e75

Are you related to e4 5c?

Norrie
e75c 22 Mar 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Dear Norrie

Read the original bh thread and numerous posts on ukb.

e7 5c

Norrie Muir 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
> Read the original bh thread and numerous posts on ukb.

Dear e75

Answer my questions.

Norrie
e75c 22 Mar 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

No not related
 Norrie Muir 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:
>
> No not related

Dear e75

So what is the relationship?

Norrie
e75c 22 Mar 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Iam bored of you now
FredMead 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:

I heared rumours of E9 onsight too ...

Mind you I cannae say they are anymore than that, just rumours.

Fred
Justin 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c: Klingons in Las Vegas! I encountered them at the Hilton and was too scared to turn back.
Hotbad Peteel 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:

I've not heard a single one of these rumours. I certainly heard of ryan pasquill onsighting/flashing (pick and choose) end of the affair but not heard anything about an e9 being onsighted. I think your talking crap. I'll take back my words when i see staged photos of the route in question in the mag with sponsor logos.
p
 Norrie Muir 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:
>
> Iam bored of you now

Dear e75

Are you taking up skateboarding now?

Norrie
e75c 22 Mar 2006

Read the original BH thread, three mentions in there.
 Andy Farnell 22 Mar 2006
> (In reply to e75c)
>
> I've not heard a single one of these rumours. I certainly heard of ryan pasquill onsighting/flashing (pick and choose) end of the affair

It was a Flash. With beta. Quite a bit I'm led to believe. And still a bloody fantastic achievement. A route with awkward, balancy and technical french 7b climbing is hard enough to flash, let alone one with very marginal (at best) gear with possible death potential.

Andy F
anony 22 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c: Since Richard demanded lists of witnesses and belayers for Ben Heasons climbs, is he going to provide a name for your belayer on A Muerta please? And a witness for Careless Talk please? Its only fair!
Ian Hill 22 Mar 2006
In reply to anony:
> (In reply to e75c) Since Richard demanded lists of witnesses and belayers for Ben Heasons climbs, is he going to provide a name for your belayer on A Muerta please? And a witness for Careless Talk please? Its only fair!

...oh be quiet
 Michael Ryan 22 Mar 2006
> (In reply to e75c)
>
> I've not heard a single one of these rumours. I certainly heard of ryan pasquill onsighting/flashing (pick and choose) end of the affair ....

Indeed you did.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?date=200602

"Ryan Pasquill flashed End of the Affair (E8 6c) on Curbar yesterday. Though End of the Affair is generally considered to be one of the easier grit E8s around, and a flashed ascent has been predicted for some time, the final hard move is off-balance, tenuous and powerful. With cams in a break too low to be of much use, a fall from this point could easily lead to serious injury. This is probably only the second Gritstone E8 to see a flashed ascent, the other being Countdown to Disaster, also flashed by Pasquill, in 2002. As well as a number of bold grit E7 on-sights, Pasquill is also a very strong boulderer, having climbed V13 at the Buttermilks, with his ascent of Dave Graham's Spectre. End of the Affair has also been soloed by Ben Heason and Ben Bransby. Bransby's solo was done in typical nonchalant style whilst out walking his dog. End of the Affair was first climbed by Johnny Dawes in 1986."
 Adam Lincoln 23 Mar 2006
In reply to e75c:

He flashed Renegade Master, which used to be E9. Think its settled at highball V9/10 ish.

sutty 23 Mar 2006
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Why are you lot giving e75c the time of day? Anonymous poster setting up an account to shit stir.

Let the thread die, unless e75c fesses up who he is and emails someone we trust with his tel no to check.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...