UKC

Caley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob1988 22 Mar 2006
Going there tomorrow anyone know what sort of condition the adrenaline rush area is in? Green?
banned profile 74 22 Mar 2006
In reply to nofearnolimits:

will see you there lol was speaking to a guy at the foundry who said he was there yesterday.he says its still greenish but not too bad.

what ya hoping to try?

rich
OP Rob1988 22 Mar 2006
In reply to beastofackworth: hopeing to have a go at phsyco
 Steve Parker 22 Mar 2006

If you get a chance, check out if you can still see a couple of chipped gear placements on Adrenaline Rush. One a few feet above the crack, and one a bit higher (rock 1-ish). I'm sure they were there a few years ago, but they may have been filled in and almost disappeared. Anyway, all the best for Psycho - at least the landing should be soft and sludgey!
OP Rob1988 22 Mar 2006
In reply to Steve Parker: lol yeah should be good though got my biggest mate to come spot me and a mat that all do! Wheres the crux on physco?
banned profile 74 22 Mar 2006

the crux on psycho is rocking up off the initial chickenhead,its a tricky move,quite balancy but not in too dangerous a position if you got mats and a spotter.dont get too excited when you do this move though cos its still easy to fall off the top!i top roped it first go with a mate who soloed it but i didnt solo it mainly because i had just recovered from a 30 foot deck out a few months earlier and didnt want to tempt fate lol

i had heard that atleast one of the chipped slots on adrenaline rush had crumbled holding a fall and wasnt there anymore.

may see you at pscho mate and offer another 2 mats and another spotter

rich
TimS 23 Mar 2006
In reply to nofearnolimits: Caley dry, Pyscho a bit dirty, could probably do with a brush before climbing it. Marrowbone jelly has been chalked to death and looks terrible, whoever did it should be ashamed.
 lummox 23 Mar 2006
In reply to TimS: yup- Marrowbone looked like a right chalk storm on Saturday morning...
banned profile 74 23 Mar 2006
well i didnt manage to get to caley cos i had to work.how did you get on with psycho?
so the top ropers have been on marrowbone jelly again?lol
think the weathers gonna be crap tomorrow aint it?

rich
OP Rob1988 23 Mar 2006
In reply to beastofackworth: went to caley today phsyco was a little dirty and i didnt have a rope and gear to tope rope and didnt fancy trying to flash it lol just did some other boulder problems bloody hell i saw what people mean about marrow bone jelly is been chalked up like jordans face its well bad
 Aly 23 Mar 2006
In reply to beastofackworth:
> the crux on psycho is rocking up off the initial chickenhead,its a tricky move,quite balancy

Really? Isn't the crux rocking onto the first chickenhead by a stupidly powerful move off the boulder? From standing on that first chickenhead it eases but still another 6a move before the top. I wouldn't have complained at 6c but I don't do powerful stuff so that might explain it.
banned profile 74 23 Mar 2006
In reply to Aly: i meant rocking up witht he first chickenhead in your right hand iirc.pretty much the first move.yes theres a tricky move for the top but not as hard as the start

rich
 Fiend 23 Mar 2006
In reply to beastofackworth:

> so the top ropers have been on marrowbone jelly again?lol

"nofearnolimits" wrote:

> phsyco was a little dirty and i didnt have a rope and gear to tope rope and didnt fancy trying to flash it lol

Uh huh.
In reply to Fiend: This has been noted re previous posts.
 Fiend 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Richard Bradley:

There certainly seem to be plenty of limits and a fair bit of fear of accepting them.
 Chris Fryer 24 Mar 2006
In reply to Fiend: see previous; http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=170633&v=1#2448648

wonder if lol he's been back lol.
banned profile 74 24 Mar 2006
was at caley at 6am this morning but it stated to rain so didnt bother climbing.had a walk round to check some of the problems out and otice the chalk on marrowbone jelly.got a pic of it if anyone can host it.tbh it didnt look that bad,ive seen it alot worse!

rich
In reply to Chris Fryer: Cheers Chris. I hadn't noticed before that Andy Farnell have finally posted re his adventure!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...