UKC

APE Index

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Mulhern 03 Apr 2006
Anyone with a negative ape index a really good climber? or do they find themselves at a disadvantage just like people that are negative are supposed to be. Just measured mine and its even stevens.
 johnl 03 Apr 2006
In reply to John Mulhern: Ape index? I'm really hairy but I don't see it helping my climbing.
 UKB Shark 03 Apr 2006
In reply to John Mulhern:

I think Geoff Weigand was significantly negative
banned profile 74 03 Apr 2006
In reply to John Mulhern:think mine is just into positive,not quite plus one.what the average for the human biengs???a mate is plus the 3 the jammy b*****d

rich
Ian Hill 04 Apr 2006
In reply to beastofackworth: as I say to all of these threads...mine is +8"
 Michael Ryan 04 Apr 2006
In reply to Simon Lee:
> (In reply to John Mulhern)
>
> I think Geoff Weigand was significantly negative

That'll be 'Coach' Geoff Weigand to you Simon.

Negative, yes what a depressing dark soul. Killed birds too, ripped them right out of their nests; chicks, eggs and all.

BelleVedere 04 Apr 2006
In reply to John Mulhern: Mine's -15 (cm), i suspect that reinforces the rule. Although I would like to think i haven't reached my climbing peak yet.
 Glyn Jones 04 Apr 2006
In reply to John Mulhern: I used to have a positive ape index and could outreach my taller friend for holds.

<<walks away in disgust whilst scraping knuckles on the pavement>>
Ian Hill 04 Apr 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones: used to? did you shrink in the wash?
 Glyn Jones 04 Apr 2006
In reply to Ian Hill: Not quite - once my climbing stopped my arms shrank - guess the climbing stretched them a little
 BelleVedere 04 Apr 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones:
> (In reply to Ian Hill) Not quite - once my climbing stopped my arms shrank - guess the climbing stretched them a little

Don't say that - I will have to keep climbing forever, or end up a freak

Just measured mine. Seems to be slightly positive by an inch or so but you change height during the day. Think I measured mine in the evening once and it was more positive. Doesn't make that bigger difference as I'm already 6'2".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...