UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick talk last night

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Went to it last night in Brixton and really enjoyed it.

The slideshow had some amazing photos and Andy reckons himself as a bit of a stand up comic, and pulls it off on the most part. I would never have guessed he was a hard core big wall winter climber if I walked past him in the street...I always imagined they would be carved out of teak with D.Coultard jawlines......very refreshing.

He's on tonight in Clapham. Highly recommended
 g taylor 27 Apr 2006
In reply to Michael Woods: Is this a film or is andy there?
In reply to g taylor: Andy is there. He chats about his climbing with a very large tinge of humour.
Removed User 27 Apr 2006
In reply to Michael Woods:

I went to one of this talks in St. Andrews last year, "a chocolate river runs through it" the reason for the title becomes clear if you see the lecture.

Agree, he is extremely fun, down to earth, but a fecking amazing bold climber, not bad for a "fat bloke from hull" (his words!).
In reply to Removed User: Was that to do with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

What was he doing on set?
Removed User 27 Apr 2006

Aye, 'twas. Basically, I think he was rigging ropes for the stunts and to hold up bits of the set.
Removed User 27 Apr 2006
In reply to Removed User:

It's just a shame that all these interesting characters think that, when doing lectures, Scotland begins and ends with Edinburgh or Glasgow (or the central belt). I'd love to see some of these boys up in Inverness or further north at a small venue.

I remember seeing Stevie Haston at Bangor Uni with only about 20 people and it was a really good 'chat'.
Removed User 27 Apr 2006
> (In reply to Removed User)
>
> It's just a shame that all these interesting characters think that, when doing lectures, Scotland begins and ends with Edinburgh or Glasgow (or the central belt). I'd love to see some of these boys up in Inverness or further north at a small venue.

I suppose it is a commerial thing, but I'd have thought there would be enough interest for a talk on a saturday evening, in Fort Bill, Aviemore or Inverness. Would make a good end to the day come of the hill and listen to a lecture to your "epic grade IV" into perspective!
Removed User 27 Apr 2006

Yes, I'm sure it is commercial, probably not even the speakers decision but it would be nice all the same.
 g taylor 27 Apr 2006

I'm going to leave my comfort zone and travel to South London.... It better be good!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...