UKC

Big plug for PYB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
fijibaby 08 May 2006
I've just got back from the 'intro to leading' course at Plas y brenin and feel I ought to sing its praises! Our instructor Dave was patient when he needed to be, and super enthusiastic the rest of the time (including running to the start of Oberon in Tremadog). I learned a great deal there, and was pushed not molly-coddled. The ratio of 2 students to 1 instructor was spot on. Thanks to all the instructors thre! If anyone is considering going on the course, it's worth every penny. Plus the weather was superb. It has really fired me up to fill the rest of my year with climbing, climbing, climbing.
If anyone has pictures of white streak/honeysuckle corner on the moelwyns gimme a yell. I didn't take a single photo all weekend! What's the rock type? I think I've found my fav. Gritstone? Pah!
 Jenn 08 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby:
> What's the rock type? I think I've found my fav.
Rhyolite

>Gritstone? Pah!
Agreed

Oh and yep - PYB are great!
Dr.Strangeglove 08 May 2006
In reply to Jenn:
was there good cake?
(and was that dave evans?)
fijibaby 08 May 2006
> (In reply to Jenn)
> was there good cake?

The flapjacks were the sweetest things i've eaten! Tea and cakes...such a civilised end to the day doncha think?
> (and was that dave evans?)

Not sure. Nice guy, slightly ginger hair laughs a lot.
Dr.Strangeglove 08 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby:
would have preferred getting a few more routes in to be honest. but yes, nice cake generally.
 Skyfall 08 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby:

> and super enthusiastic the rest of the time (including running to the start of Oberon in Tremadog).

erm, all of about 2 mins ... but, yes, I take your point and they are good people.

and was Oberon so polished you could have used it as a mirror?

shame each day finshes so early hey?

SebCa 08 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby: Big up the Brenin Massive AAYYYEEE

On a more serious note, they truly are the best at what they do
OP Anonymous 08 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby:

I did the same course around 3 years back with the very same Dave and he was great! Learnt so much in a short time and enjoyed every minute of it

Glad to hear you had a good time too!

Rich
 TRNovice 08 May 2006
In reply to Jimbo MSider:

Is it because aye is arddu?
 Nige G 09 May 2006
In reply to fijibaby: Yes, your are not the first to be infected with "Dave - the enthusiasts enthusiast". Slightly mad but infectious and an all round good guy. Glad you had a good time. Nige

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...