UKC

holcombe quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
daniel payne 13 May 2006
holcombe quarry went there last sunday 7/5/06 went in to wet 1 for swim and was just about to enter water when a sliver 4x4 drove in and a old man got out with a camera and said im going to proscitue you i got your picture yes botherd no has it got time no has it got a date no well do 1 i got pictures of your car yes and its parked on the road so what its got tax mot etc..... he dint no what to say and left looked at the dry 1 just walked under the gate had a wonder and seen 2 people climbing so hope this helps all u climers out the will update soon as i retun in a few weeks for a swim
 Matt_b 13 May 2006
In reply to daniel payne: Come again?
J1234 13 May 2006
In reply to daniel payne:
Is this some form of Troll language.
 8A 13 May 2006

Ok I don't have a clue what you are trying to say. Seems like a jumble of words to me.

Repost it tho, but in a readable format because I climb at Holcombe quite regularly.

8A
daniel payne 13 May 2006
In reply to J1234: cant u read
daniel payne 13 May 2006
In reply to daniel payne: last sunday a 4x4 jeep drove in to wet water quarry and a old man got out took pictuers of us and took our pictures of car number plates what can he do he got pictures of my car and mates car on road nothing its not a private road he then went on im going to take you to court and proscactue
 8A 13 May 2006

Oh ok, erm, well if he can prove that the owner of the car parked on the road (you) was the same person swimming in the lake then I assume he can prosecute. However I am not particularly well versed in all this legal shit, so I suggest you email Sloper http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=9206 (At least I think it is Sloper who is a lawyer or something)

8A
Ste Brom 13 May 2006
In reply to daniel payne: that is reallly intersting went there for a swim and there was a bad manwith a big stick and said hey i thought i told you boys not to wee in here and i sadi way and my mate said way dude then he said i do what i want then we all laughed and he got cross and nicked my pants then took pictures of my nudey bot bot and i said i want my trouser so i cried then my dad came and told him off but he said no more swimming have you ever heard of punctuation other than a COLON?
 Al Evans 13 May 2006
In reply to Ste Brom: Is that as in colonic irrigation?
J1234 13 May 2006
Yes, unfortunately only English and French but not gibberish.
 Al Evans 13 May 2006
In reply to J1234: Freddy can write clearer English than this and he's not allowed a log in.
J1234 13 May 2006
In reply to Al Evans:
I`ll have to ask. Who is Freddy?
Stefan Lloyd 13 May 2006
> its not a private road

But it is a privately-owned quarry.

A couple of years ago a lad drowned in the quarry. The owners have been very nervous about trespassers ever since, especially swimmers. But if you are a local, surely you know this?

Al Evans 13 May 2006
In reply to J1234: He's Freddy the Cat, he had a login but it was pulled, in spite of many other cats being allowed to stay
 Nigel Coe 13 May 2006
In reply to daniel payne: Thanks for the info Daniel. I think some people are being intentionally dense!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...