UKC

Maya Gold (Green & Blacks)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DougG 28 May 2006
This may be of interest to fellow chocolate addicts:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/foodmonthly/story/0,,1781908,00.html
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to DougG: Read that this morning. Would love to see them making the spicy chocs. Very interesting. Couldn't quite get my head around all the pros and cons of Fair Trade, Organic etc, but I seemed to come to the conclusion that buying Green & Blacks Mayan Gold was a good thing (both from a taste and eco-justice perspective) ?
OP DougG 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

Aye, it certainly tastes nice. (I prefer the Green & Blacks Bittersweet with Whole Cherries however.)

Sad to say that when I was in Maya country last month, I didn't see much evidence of the chocolate that they are so famous for. The shops were full of Snickers bars and the like, same as everywhere else...
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to DougG: Seeing as I have a bet of a bottle of fine (£7.50+) wine with Sandrine that England (not France) will win the World Cup, maybe you'd like a bet of a bar of Green & Blacks? Bit like Soccer Aid (me as Robbie Williams, you as Gordon Ramsay) - wealthy Westerners having a bit of fun, all in a good cause (the Mayan peasants)
OP DougG 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

Right, you're on!!
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to DougG: Wow! July 9th is going to be an evening to die for..England parading the World Cup around Berlin stadium, me celebrating with a bottle of Chateau Y'quem and a large bar of Green & Black's Maya Gold!

PS Sorry, but I'm not tempted by a bet on Henman winning Wimbledon! I may be optimistic but I'm not totally deluded... Though I will bet you Murray won't win it.

pep 28 May 2006
In reply to DougG: couldn't they make non-organic fair trade chocolate?
 Sandrine 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:
> (In reply to DougG) Seeing as I have a bet of a bottle of fine (£7.50+) wine with Sandrine that England (not France) will win the World Cup,

We also said that I would get a bottle of red (+the white one of course) if France won.
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to Sandrine: In the unlikely event of a French victory (though they are my second team), are you sure you wouldn't prefer something English - e.g. some of my home-made nettle wine?
 ebygomm 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C: if neither France or England wins who gets the wine and chocolate?

me?
 Sandrine 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

Are you being sting(y)?!
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to ebygomm: No one gets anything. You have to place a bet!

In reply to Sandrine: stingy? you are soooo funny!
 Sandrine 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

The French would eat about anything but the English would nake wine with any sort of grass really?!

Never tried, alcohool content? Flavour? On what occasion do you drink it?

Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to Sandrine: *Drink* it?! No way, I'll make it - YOU drink it! Probably go nicely with frogs n snails n puppy dogs' tails.

PS I usually bathe in home-made elderberry wine after a hard afternoon's bouildering.
 Sandrine 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:
Oops, sorry, I did not realise it was some kind of bath ointment. Not prickly?
Just fermented?
 Marc C 28 May 2006
In reply to Sandrine: I don't know why you're so interested in nettle wine - I won't be making you any, because England are going to win the World Cup!

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/nettles.asp
 Sandrine 28 May 2006
In reply to Marc C:

I am beginning to think that it's all bluff and you cannot make any.

And, no they won't! Nah, nah, nah!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...