UKC

Jerry Moffat interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 05 Jun 2006
Don't think this has been posted, but apologies if it has

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2006/06/02/jerry_moffa...

A bit dumbed down to appeal to a non-climbing audience, but some interesting stuff nonetheless

Suspect the hard route he refers to might be Little Plum at Stoney rather than Little Plumb at Burbage North - it's difficult, but not that difficult !
 Morgan Woods 05 Jun 2006
In reply to Chris the Tall:

wow - he sounds like a top guy....his enthusiasm really jumps out of the page....quite open about pursuing sponsorship and wotnot.
 DannyC 05 Jun 2006

a good, interesting article especially considering its not relaly intended for climbers.

danny c
 Simon Caldwell 05 Jun 2006
I like the photo captions
> Suspect the hard route he refers to might be Little Plum at Stoney rather than Little Plumb at Burbage North - it's difficult, but not that difficult !

I think that someone at the BBC has been plugging names into our route databases.

This - http://www.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=974

or this - http://www.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=1905

hmm...
 TN 05 Jun 2006
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I was just about to say the same. I am easily amused...
 Pythonist 05 Jun 2006
Oddest thing I found in that article = Why mention UIAA grades?

"I did a lot of new routes all over the world, and they'd typically be the hardest, so I did the first grade 9+ the first grade 10-, did a lot of new grades in different places and quick assents."

Ulysses, Messiah, and L'Horla no?
 Oli 05 Jun 2006
In reply to Pythonist:
> >
> Ulysses, Messiah, and L'Horla no?

I think so. Is the top photo Renegade Master?
banned profile 74 05 Jun 2006
In reply to Oli: yes

jerry on an overhang pmsl

rich
 Oli 05 Jun 2006
In reply to beastofackworth: *hijack* Life assurance doesn't seem too bad really. Maybe slightly easier if you have shorter legs. Could do with some cool weather between now and friday...
Yorkspud 06 Jun 2006

A dumbed-down Jerry Moffat interview? A must see
daveinfrance 06 Jun 2006
In reply to Yorkspud:
Anyone know what he's doing now ? Does he still climb or has his body given up on him ? And what about the likes of Fawcett, Dawes,......
 Glyn Jones 06 Jun 2006
In reply to daveinfrance: Saw him on a 'how much is my house worth' programme - Was shocked - he's crap at diy!
 John Cooke 06 Jun 2006
In reply to daveinfrance:
> (In reply to Yorkspud)
> Anyone know what he's doing now ? Does he still climb or has his body given up on him ? And what about the likes of Fawcett, Dawes,......

Jerry's into surfing, Ron's into Paragliding and Johnny's just Johnny.
 lummox 06 Jun 2006
In reply to Glyn Jones: he refers to climbing in " the Peaks " - so it`s official, if Jerry calls it the Peaks, then it must be right ...
In reply to lummox: The peaks? Surely you mean Moffatt Crag?

Cheers
Tim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...