UKC

The perfect sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
brothersoulshine 05 Jun 2006
Is there such a thing as the perfect pair of sunglasses? I've been going through a couple of pairs a year, usually a result of standing on them or some such stupidity.

For the last couple of years I've had some Oakley Mag4s. They were nearly perfect. Unfortunately I seem to have bloody lost them

I'd like some new ones.

The design criteria are

- strong enough to be sat on
- optical wonderfulness
- don't fall off when you're being silly
- cost less than a ton
- don't make you look like a knob

Any ideas?
 freelancer_85 05 Jun 2006
In reply to brothersoulshine:

> - don't make you look like a knob

Impossible
Ste Brom 05 Jun 2006
In reply to brothersoulshine: a welders mask
 lost1977 05 Jun 2006

if you like oakleys have you looked at

http://www.gosportsspex.co.uk/AdidasSportsSpectaclesEvilEyePro.asp
 Frank4short 05 Jun 2006
In reply to brothersoulshine: I'm rather fond of Arnettes personnaly. All the quality of Oakleys but half of the price. I personnally think they look better than Oakleys but that's a matter of personnal preferance.
In reply to freelancer_85:

Ok, doesn't make me look like even more of a knob.
 kevin stephens 05 Jun 2006

spending more than £20 on shades is as daft as replying to one of those Nigerian free-money e-mails

Check out Boots Chemists
In reply to kevin stephens:

I would have said the same until I got some Oakleys. They really were almost perfect.
banned profile 74 05 Jun 2006
In reply to brothersoulshine: ive had some okley magensium switch's for the last 4 years or so,cost £209 so i tend to treat em good.lost a set of £106 fmj's in a taxi in portugal and sat on my last pair of e-wires.

rich
Hix 06 Jun 2006
doesn't work on the sub £100 fron but i've had numerous pairs of X Metal juliet polarised. The are the fookin nuts
In reply to brothersoulshine: Vuarnets, the dogs thingy and 'opium for the eys'. Far better than Oakleys. Lost my last pair (had for 4 years) and waiting to go back to France to get more. £80-£120 though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...