UKC

planet fear 121 coaching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VS4b 28 Jun 2006
Has anyone used the planet fear coaching that they sell/market from their website? What was it like, how many sessions did you have and how much difference did it make to you climbing?

Seems quite reasonable but would really like to hear from someone who has used it before investing in it.

Thanks!
Sam M 28 Jun 2006
In reply to VS4b:

Everyone I have spoken to says really positive things..

A guy stayed here last week had been to Font and raved about it!

and I know that Steve, Ben, Katherine and Lucy are all great at coaching..

Sam Orange
In reply to VS4b: I've used them loads before, and found them brilliant. One-to-one coaching, a tailored training programme and also their coaching holidays.

For individual coaching/training programmes, it helps if you are quite focused about what you want. eg, to climb a certain route/problem, or to be able to climb certain types of routes at a given grade. Vague things like "oh, I'd like to be a better climber" aren't much good, unless you have regular coaching sessions, and you can concentrate on a range of different things.

Personally I'd recommend going on one of their 1-week holidays somewhere nice, and if you really get into it, sign up for some individual coaching sessions.

Hope this helps
OP VS4b 28 Jun 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

Far too expensive and i can't justify the time away from the family. I was sort of hoping i could do a some sort of review session where they point out what could be improved in terms of technique to get me better (rather than me telling them) and then use further sessions to work on that/them
In reply to VS4b: What about one of their weekend trips in the UK?

What sort of technique are you looking to improve? I've had some excellent feedback from a coach in a 2 hr indoor wall session.
OP VS4b 28 Jun 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

not sure really, i guess i fit the category of generally want to be better. Footwork would be a good start.

In reply to VS4b: Have you watching these training DVDs ? Some great coaching advice on them:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=186

Cheers
flapper 28 Jun 2006
In reply to VS4b: the DVD's contain some good info, you can contact Neil direct for 1-2-1 coaching via his website:

http://www.neilgresham.com/121_coaching.html

there is a contact email address at the top of the page or email me though the forum and I can help you arrange a review/coaching session with Neil if you wish.

f.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...