UKC

Arc'Terx Gamma MX Hoody & MH Alchemy, who's sellin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TMM 30 Jun 2006
Morning all,

Do any of you have strong feelings about the Arc'Teryx Gamma MX hoody or the Mountain Hardwear Alchemy jacket?

I am looking at getting hold off one or the other in the next few weeks.

I need a size Large and the best prices I can find are £250 for the Arc'Teryx & £120 for the MH.

Any strong opinions and bargain stockists details welcomed!

Cheers,

TMM
 UKC Forums 30 Jun 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Wilbur 30 Jun 2006
In reply to TMM:

i have the mx hoody - it's powershield lite - it breathes brilliantly but isn't an insulating jacket. It's also very Water and wind resistant.

Not sure about the MH although i think it insulates a bit more and breathes a bit less...
 ste_d 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Pinky:

plus another 40 quid or so if ordering from backcountry for customs charges plus carrier costs...
Pinky 30 Jun 2006
In reply to ste_d:
Well, depends if you have any friends / work collegues etc that live out there.

Then they either post it on or bring it over if they are going to the UK.

They will deliver to addresses other than that of the billing address of the card holder when you pay by card.

THey could even go to the states themselves and put the money saved towards the cost of the trip

ste_d 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Pinky: yep, good options, just don't get backcountry to send direct to your uk address, can prove costly, as i learnt, much to my everlasting sorrow
Pinky 30 Jun 2006
In reply to ste_d:
Ah, oh dear. I phoned them up to make sure they understood that though the card was english that I wanted it to be sent to a US address. They were most helpful, and the shipping within the US for orders over $50 is free.
OP TMM 30 Jun 2006
In reply to TMM:

Thanks for the advice and opinions, keep 'em comin'!

I got stung ordering a few bits and pieces from the US about 5 years ago and it totally put me off ordering direct from the US to the UK.

My "drop" address in the US has also ceased to exist (company pulled him back to the UK).

I can't find any "killer" deals in the UK. Anyone else seen any? Anyone else want to sell me theirs second hand?

Cheers,

TMM
 galpinos 30 Jun 2006
In reply to TMM:

Might be cheaper from Germany or Spain, even with postage (I get all my ski-touring stuff from Germany). The Germans love all that stylish pricey kit.
 ste_d 30 Jun 2006
In reply to TMM:

you'll be unlikely to see any killer deals on gamma mx hoodies in the uk at the moment...if you can wait, snow and rock usually do a big sale at the end of the summer, with luck and speed you might find the gamma mx is reduced, in your colour and size and you are quick enough to get it...

there is a scandanavian website, something like summitsports.net or some such that does arcteryx stuff, but i don't think its that much cheaper than uk prices...

i guess the other option is that well known auction site
lippy lion 30 Jun 2006

In reply to ste_d:

On the U.S eBay site there is a seller called only-the-best1

He sells genuine Arc'teryx and others at decent prices & will ship as a gift etc. Be careful of fake Arc'teryx on eBay.

I have a Gamma MX Hoody which is great for me as I run quite hot. IMO if you run cooler then it might be a better option to get a Windstopper jacket.

Peace, Lippy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...