UKC

Germany or Argentina

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim Gardener 30 Jun 2006
Not so much a question of who you would like to win but more a question of who you would like to lose.

So where's the smart money ?
 SARS 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener:

Argentina are the better side... however, it's probably better if England play Argentina. So, would prefer Germany to lose.
Craig_M 30 Jun 2006

Argentian to win, largely because they're one of my teams in the works draw. Also, they're playing some of the most entertaining and attractive football in the tournament.
 Marc C 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Craig_M: As I said on my 'Why do you support the teams you do?' thread, Argentina for me. They've played some lovely football - though I have this creepy feeling the Germans might sneak through.
 lummox 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Craig_M: vamos Argentina..
Jon Hemlock 30 Jun 2006

Germany to win, they have the momentum, they're scoring for fun, they are a sound unit, they have some sharp young talent, they have home advantage, they want it more.

Argentina may win it on talent though, but it's never as simple as that in the quarters and beyond. If it were, England would have beaten Argentina in 1986.
Stormmagnet 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener: I would like Germany to win.

1. They have been playing some great football, I think they have a chance of bettering Argentina in pure football terms.

2. They are the host nation, I always like the host nation to do well.
 Smitz 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener: Germany, undeniably. Sure argentina are playing well, but they are a good team - germany on the other hand are playing AMAZINGLY considering their performance for the last ~8 years. Also, if germany are having a good day, and argentina a not so good day, we have a damn good chance at winning this.
The smart money however is getting a bet on an England / Germany final, with Germany going through on penalties. Get your money on before kickoff today.
Clauso 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Smitz:
>
> The smart money however is getting a bet on an England / Germany final, with Germany going through on penalties. Get your money on before kickoff today.

With Germany going through to where on penalties, exactly!?!?! ... Just how much further do you wish them to progress than the final? The Superbowl, maybe?

If you've put your money on Germany 'going through' after winning the final, then maybe it wasn't such smart money after all?
 Smitz 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Clauso: "GOING THROUGH" the final - ie.: going ON to win it you numby!

p.s. check your email or I will cry
Clauso 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Smitz:

I know. I apologise. I was being pedantic. I'm taking my frustration with my clients out on you.

... Just stop trying to crack on like you know anything about football, okay? It was only last week that I had to explain the concept of the goalkeeper to you, AGAIN!
Ste Brom 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener: Tactically,

I hope Germany get thru, with a flurry of reds, and minor injuries, but DESTROYING the argentinians..
 Chris Fryer 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener: Argentina, I'm trailing badly in the Fantasy League at work.
Ian 30 Jun 2006
Germany have to win
I'm hoping for a German - England final

with Germany to win either on penalties or in injury time
personally i'd like 2 c a germany portugal final i think it would b much more exciting than most options left, both teams deserve it, and it would involve european teams rather than bloody brazil again!!
In reply to Tim Gardener: Argentina to lose hopefully on penalties.
 Simon Caldwell 30 Jun 2006
Germany to win after extra time. Ideally, the winning goal will be scored from somebody's hand.
 S Andrew 30 Jun 2006

Aguilera, definitely. Britney sucks...
wcdave 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Tim Gardener: Argentina...best team in the tournament, and Heinze speaks fluent Welsh too!!
Craig_M 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Rid Skwerr:

How do you know?
 S Andrew 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Craig_M:

Read it on a t shirt.
 S Andrew 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Craig_M:

Futhermore, Christina claims to be a radge wee midden.
So I imagine two Christinas make a summer.
 MikeTS 30 Jun 2006
> Not so much a question of who you would like to win but more a question of who you would like to lose.
>
> So where's the smart money ?

well I'd like Arentina to lose earlier than Germany
Removed User 30 Jun 2006
In reply to MikeTS:
Get aff the fence Mike.......
Simon22 30 Jun 2006

Argentina to win and then get booted out for their manager headbutting the ref, so both of them go out.
 Paul Leader 30 Jun 2006

Germany to win.
Home team, improving with each match.
Argentina the opposite.
violentViolet 30 Jun 2006
In reply to Ian:

I'm actually quite scared of a Germany-England final no matter what the outcome would be. Still hope the Germans win this game (and think they're actually doing quite well)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...