UKC

Smelly T-Shirt?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Naylor 17 Jul 2006
I tend to wear cotton T-shirts (except when out on the hill, when I wear wicking synthetics).

However, I have an odd problem: I have *one* T-shirt, from many (probably 12-15 that I wear regularly) that *always*, within about 3 hours of me putting it on, is stinking at the armpits.

With other T-shirts, I get up, have a shower, put the shirt on, and I can wear them all day without any noticeable aroma. This morning, I got up at 0600, showered, put this red one on at about 0700 and by 1000 my armpits were *honking*. I changed it without any further showering/ deodorant and nearly 7 hours later the armpits of the new shirt don't niff at all.

Wot's going on, then?

Any ideas why that should happen with just that particulat one
 Kenny 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor: is it definitely 100% cotton?
SI A 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:

is it definantly 100% cotton. it may have some synthetic in it.

additionally is it old, u may have to wack it through the machine at a high temp to clear it.
OP Rob Naylor 17 Jul 2006
In reply to SI A:

Defo 100% cotton...same brand as most of the others I wear, and about halfway up the "vintage" list. It's maybe a year old.

I'll try the high temp. We normally do quite low temp washes.

From that suggestion do I take it that it's possible for the bacteria from some "overpoweringly bad" past sweat event to still be lurking in the armpits, even when washed normally?
 doz generale 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:
>.
>
0600, showered, put this red one on at about 0700 and by 1000 my armpits were *honking*.

you can set your watch by it! :0)
OP Rob Naylor 17 Jul 2006
In reply to doz generale:

Yep:

1000, 2 ft vomit radius
1200, 3 ft vomit radius
1400, 4 ft vomit radius
1600, 5 ft vomit radius
2000, *clear the pub*
Graham 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Cut the arm pits out, hence getting added ventilation, and eliminating the problem odour!

G
 Al Evans 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor: Hey Rob, ever been puked on by a fulmar, happened to me a couple of years ago to one of my favourite T shirts, I refuse to let it go, but the stain is still there after numerous washings and as soon as I put it on it starts honking again.
Al
 andi_e 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor: It could be there's bacteria in the t-shirt. is it tight fitting?
 Pauline 17 Jul 2006
In reply to Rob Naylor: solution.... bin it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...