UKC

NEWS: Dalvinder Sohdi Supercool and More

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 07 Aug 2006
Dalvinder Sohdi has climbed three of Yorkshire's finest 8a's....more in the news

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Cragdog al 08 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: thats an awesome eefort if its true but i saw her working supercool in about may!!
 Ram MkiV 08 Aug 2006
In reply to Cragdog al: well yeah, the news doesn't mean she only got on the routes for the first time two weeks ago you pillock! She obviously just hit some awesome form recently so could knock off long-standing (probably?) projects. Brilliant effort.
In reply to Steve Ramsden: Top reporting though, Dal does 3 8a's, which includes an 8a+. Nice one Mick
Serpico 09 Aug 2006
In reply to GraemeA at home:
And only a month after the event. The speed of the internet eh?
 Adders 09 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Dalvinder Sohdi if you read the forums - awesome effort there! well done you must be stoked.
 kms 09 Aug 2006
In reply to Cragdog al:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) thats an awesome eefort if its true but i saw her working supercool in about may!!

saw her do supercool, gordale 3 weekends ago. she had 5plus witnesses not includung the 1000plus tourists/campers about
OP Michael Ryan 09 Aug 2006
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to GraemeA at home)
> And only a month after the event. The speed of the internet eh?

Stop moaning Serpico and feed me some news.

Cheers,

Mick
 Cragdog al 09 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: wasnt trying to taint her achievement in the slightest just enquiring to the accuracy of the report, but i understand it now!
 Steve Parker 10 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I wondered what had become of her. Great effort! Great representation from one of our ethnic communities, as well. This is what we need! Go, girl, go!!
Serpico 10 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:
> (In reply to Serpico)
> [...]
>
>
> Stop moaning Serpico and feed me some news.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mick

Sorry Mick, here's some news you might have missed:

Titanic lost at sea.
Beatles split.
Man walks on moon.

shiv 10 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: awesome form Dal!! Very impressed.

Siobhan
OP Michael Ryan 10 Aug 2006
In reply to Serpico:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
> [...]
>
> Sorry Mick, here's some news you might have missed:
>
> Titanic lost at sea.
> Beatles split.
> Man walks on moon.

That's better. What about, Elvis has left the building?

Mick
dark_star 10 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: only cos we woz outa peanut butter
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: This is the same girl I watched struggling on the HVS flake left of Small Smart Wall earlier in the year. There's hope for us all!
shiv 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Just a point. Ruth Jenkins at 5"1 never managed to do flying Butress Direct (HVS) - for obvious reasons, but it didn't stop her climbing 8b. Horses for courses. The routes Dal did are all classics, solid in the grade, and requiring different strengths. One is pure power endurance, the others require a fair amount of stamina. Very few women in the UK are currently operating at this grade, so to nail your 3 projects, 8a and above, within the space of two weeks is seriously impressive. I'd say you witnessed a very fit and versitile climber having one of those experiences we've all had on our off days....the ones you'd rather not be reminded of....I know I have. For just such an example see the story "The Day I Got Spanked by a Severe" which about sums it up. (link below)

http://www.mournesclimbers.com/modules.php?name=News

Yeh, there is hope for us all or why would we bother.
In reply to shiv: Not having a go and I've seen a number of others looking a touch worried on the same climb. I for one have struggled on a V diff because it required jamming. Just nice to know that 8a climbers are human. The lad with her on the otherhand was levitating up everything while also being a very nice chap.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...