UKC

Cleaning platypus systems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Carpe Diem 15 Aug 2006
Im going to be using my platypus soon,and its not been used for..err..... um..... some time.

Whats the best thing to make sure its properly clean( pipes n stuff?)

CD
 cidersoak 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem: camelback cleaning tabs... no messing
Carpe Diem 15 Aug 2006
In reply to cidersoak:

Nice one!!

cheers
 UKC Forums 15 Aug 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 obi-wan nick b 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem: Milton or bleach but wash any residues away thouroughly. Then in future, immediatly you finish using it, empty it, strip in down into its component parts and leave it in the sun to dry. UV will do the sterilisation for you with no nasty tasting residues to worry about
 markAut 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem: for the pipes, I always suck some string through the tube (easy when it's dry) and tie a 1-2" square of fabric to the string and pull it through the pipe a few times. If your string is twice as long as the tube, you can obviously pull it one way then the other.

I found this to be the best way of removing all gunk from the insides.
Carpe Diem 15 Aug 2006
In reply to all

Thanks all,hopefully i'll have a illness free week!!
( midges not included..LOL)
 wiwwim 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem: babies bottle sterilising tabs
 garethmorgan 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem:
Denture cleaning tablets are another cheap alternative to Camelback's sterilising tablets. You'll need a long pipe cleaner or similar system to clean off any beasties growing in the tube though. Coathanger wire etc can push a bit of sponge through if you don't fancy sucking.
 FedUp 15 Aug 2006
In reply to Carpe Diem:

Mix lemon juice, Bicarbinate of Soda and water and shake it around / squeeze it through. Cheap and effective.
I used this method after digging mine out of the garage -mouldy and covered in dust- and I'm still here!
Store the whole thing after cleaning, in the freezer and you'll be fine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...