UKC

Are nylon socks evil?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rich in wales 12 Sep 2006

Somebody once told me that you shouldn't wear socks made of nylon. I've been wandering around town today in my best boots (normally comfortable as anything), and my heels feel like they're on fire. I've had this a few times before, and I'm just wondering if it could possibly be the nylon in my cheap Asda socks.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Cheers

Rich
Jonah 12 Sep 2006
In reply to rich in wales: Socks are important. It's no good having £15 mountain earring socks and spending most your like in ASDA socks - YYyyeeeeccckkk.

Besides which, ASDA are now owned by the eveil Wal-Mart corporation, so they're bound to be bad for your feet.
 Monkeyrock 12 Sep 2006
In reply to rich in wales: Nylon is evil, they seem to cook yer feet. Wool is the way forward
In reply to Monkeyrock:

yeah, i think that's what my friend was getting at. but it's even been known to happen in my bridgedale trail socks, which i love. i don't think they're evil too, but i think a sneaky bit of nylon might just have crept in there somehow...
 erikb56 12 Sep 2006
In reply to rich in wales:
lambswool socks undeniably the way forward
Can 'o' Fanta 12 Sep 2006
In reply to rich in wales: Throw the f*ckers away.......NOW
In reply to Can 'o' Fanta:

you talking about the bridgedales??

which ones do you suggest as being free from evil?
spike 12 Sep 2006
In reply to rich in wales: Nylon's an invention of the devil. Gives you blisters, athletes foot and cold feet. I'm with the lambswool guy. Nothing less than 80% will do. Something with loads of cushioning and arch supports. Not cheap though - you can pay around 12 -15 quid a pair but really worth it.
In reply to rich in wales:

>and my heels feel like they're on fire

This is because you are denying them their desire to boogie the night away, in a white two piece suit (with black silk shirt ensemble).
Disco inferno. Or something.

Davie
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:

Cheers Dave, although the last time my heels saw any kind of dancing action, I was playing the Sherrif of Nottingham in panto...

(the mind shudders...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...