UKC

Best Easy Climbs in Llanberis Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Banned User 77 22 Sep 2006
Just moved in to Nant Peris, so looking to get back into climbing more this autumn/winter, get the old knees a break from the running.

Looking for a range of easy multipitch routes of varing lengths. Starting from mods/diffs we could do in boots up to severes or so. Well protected clean lines if possible.

Have the Paul Williams Guide and scrambling books too.

Cheers

Iain
 NIGBEE 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

If you are living in Nant Peris do all of them !

Favourite lower grade routes are

The Wrinkle and Flying Buttress although The Wrinkle is a bit low on gear for the last pitch

(both multipitch)
 Morgan Woods 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

Flying Buttress is the classic multipitch on the cromlech....bit of a path though
 Swirly 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK: Crackstone Rib is one of the great Severes although low in the grade IMO.
 lps 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:
> Just moved in to Nant Peris.....

oh dear...you know they all play banjo's in nant peris? better practice squeeling.

JamieAyres 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

Flying Buttress, Spiral Stairs and Sabre Cut (avoiding the bottom pitch), Nea, Main Wall on Cyrn Las, Parsons Arete, Reade's Route, Erosion Grooves Direct...

JamieAyres 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

OK, the last route was a joke answer
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

If you have the Paul Williams' guide you shouldn't need to ask on here!

Chris
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2006
In reply to Chris Craggs: Rib and Slab on Craig Ddu isn't in Paul Williams , I don't think, and it's a cracking little beginners climb (even if I did nearly chop my youngest on it.)
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Sep 2006
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

It is in my copy - p147.

Chris
 LakesWinter 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK: Get round to Ogwen too
 Marc C 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK: Parson's Nose Arete leading onto Reade's Route would be a great mountain expedition.

Flake Traverse is a good one=pitch route and very accessible.
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2006
In reply to Chris Craggs: Maybe I was thinking of Ron James!
 A Crook 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

Sabre Cut all the way
Removed User 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:
Main Wall, Carn Las. HS once you get there. Brilliant, a must. The Cracks on Dinas Mot is good too, all the hard bits are well protected.
 Ian McNeill 22 Sep 2006
In reply to IainRUK:

the wall is good as is ghosts ...

Oh and beginners mind looks good if some what short ... a route for the short...
In reply to IainRUK: Well it's all on hold.

We've just unpacked, of 46 carton loads of gear shipped from NZ, 1 is missing, #26, which contained all our metal gear, ice screws, rope, 2 harnesses and boots. We insured the gear for a £1000, which won't buy it all back, but should cover most. Bit of a bugger though, just got to wait and see iof the insurance pay up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...