UKC

boulder uk or mcc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
noticus 27 Sep 2006
i am just recovering from an injury which has stopped me climbing for some time. yesterday the physio gave me the go ahead to start climbing again and i am off work tnight so i was wondering do mcc still have the socail nights on wednesdays (my partner is working away this week and i want to climb before sunday.)or do i bugger off to blackburn i`ve never been to boulder uk so what are the pros and cons of each
 A Crook 27 Sep 2006
In reply to noticus:

go at it hammer and tongue and you screw your shoulder again. Bouldering usually does this
noticus 27 Sep 2006
In reply to balti boy: how did you know it was my shoulder
 Mita 27 Sep 2006
In reply to noticus: If you fancy it, I along with Alisonsmiles will be at MCC tonight, so come and join in the fun....
In reply to noticus: MCC is not in the same league as BUK for bouldering. Obviously much better for leading though! .

You will get a good session there though.

Why not try Rochdale which is also far better tnan MCC for bouldering and has lots of easier stuff for when you are recovering?
squeek 27 Sep 2006
In reply to noticus:

Normally I would say go to BoulderUK because it's great, but if you're having your first session recovering from an injury it might not be the best. Everything is pretty steep and some of the easier problems, ie V3-V5, have interesting moves like pressing off a volume or mantling, which could put some odd stress on your injury. It's a great wall and if you feel you are fully recovered and can climb within your limit then go, otherwise it might be better to go to somewhere with more easier problems and angles, like Rochdale or Manchester.
noticus 27 Sep 2006
In reply to noticus:
thanx every 1 will probably try rochdale i don`t want another 3 months with out climbing thanx again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...