UKC

tnf down jackets on e£aY . fakes ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 21 Nov 2006
ususal sketch. want to save cash on the good ladies crimbo pressie. but on the basis that "there no free lunch" am very wary. there s several TNF nuptse jackets on evil bay, any thoughts ?
 galpinos 21 Nov 2006
In reply to mike123:

Lots of fakes on e-bay. There's a website that lists a lot of the fake sellers, don't have the url though. A quick google should find it.
In reply to mike123:

I would go as far as to say that over 95% of the new TNF jackets on eBay are fakes. You can pick up some genuine second hand ones but you will obviously not want to buy your wife a second hand jacket for her christmas...

Andy
 pottsworth 21 Nov 2006
In reply to mike123:
Go outdoors have got some berghaus ones for about £60 at the moment
 UKC Forums 21 Nov 2006
This thread was started in the wrong forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 martin s 22 Nov 2006
In reply to UKC Forums: Mike

I started a forum like this a few weeks ago after concerns about buying a TNF jacket.I didnt get one off Fleabay or abroad but got a great deal from Allweathers in Essex (£108).They are on 01268293712.Hope that helps.
OP mike123 22 Nov 2006
In reply to martin s:
cheers, emailed the seller and got no reply, which, i guess is answer enough .
 martin s 22 Nov 2006
In reply to mike123: I had a look at all shops for my jacket.Gaynors were cheapest, but allweathers matched them and were cheaper p/p.Cant grumble at that eh ?
Marts 22 Nov 2006
In reply to mike123: My brother bought a TNF jacket from the ebay, supposed to be the same as mine, bought from a shop. Once he got it, we compared products and it was then pretty obvious that it was a fake. He did keep it for walking around town but using it on the hills or his bike is like wearing a binbag.
 martin s 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Marts: remember seeing a survey about the most faked items on ebay.Unbelievably, it was just the jacket i was looking for, the aforementioned TNF Nuptse.At 108 ££££££££, its not realistic to send to the US for it even !
 Hewey 25 Nov 2006
In reply to martin s:

Several of my lesss honest colleagues have been known to buy fake TNF (and Spyder) gear on trips to China to flog on ebay.

Caveat emptor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...