UKC

Gordon Stainforth name checked at bouldering site

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 30 Nov 2006
"Even the anti-sit start member of the team (not Gordon Stainforth I should add) conceded that it looked worthwhile."

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,6537.0.html

Looks like you are infamous Gordon.

In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Hey, I could do with a bit of infamy! Love his Mexican hat. It's all very amusing, in truest sense of the word. It's giving me a taste for more, though e.g. maybe I should make a gentle dig at trainspotters who wear anoraks? (Could suggest they wear Mexican hats.)
 Norrie Muir 30 Nov 2006
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Hey, I could do with a bit of infamy!

You can have some of mine if you really want a bit of infamy.
In reply to Norrie Muir:

You can't swap infamy, Norrie. Treasure your own!
 nniff 30 Nov 2006

Infamy! Infamy! They've all got in for me!
OP Michael Ryan 01 Dec 2006

"A Stainforth".....the refusal to do a sit start to a boulder problem....nay the disgust and ridicule directed at those who like to sit in dirt at the base of small rocks.

Now what is a "Norrie?"
 Mick Ward 01 Dec 2006
> (In reply to Gordon Stainforth)

> Now what is a "Norrie?"

Disdain for mediocrity?

Mick

Boy Global Crag Moderator 01 Dec 2006

> Now what is a "Norrie?"

To sandwich glib invective between 'dear <name of target>' and '<own name>', in the affected style of a letter.

Norrie Muir 01 Dec 2006
In reply to Boy:
>
>
> [...]
>
> To sandwich glib invective between 'dear <name of target>' and '<own name>', in the affected style of a letter.

You should keep up to date or pay more attention to my posts, I don't do 'the affected style of a letter' anymore.
 Marc C 01 Dec 2006
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: strange, when Jude And I stayed with Gordon in Whitby recently, he did plenty of sitdown-starts...in fact every day began with him sitting in a plush armchair, drinking coffee and eating toast (handed to him by Frieda), scribbling away at his masterpiece...and then attempting the fiendishly difficult sequence of moves requiring him to spring into a standing position, slap for his coat and shoes, then dyno for the doorway.
 Boy Global Crag Moderator 01 Dec 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir: I salute thee, it's a change for the better.
The definition still stands though in tribute to your back catalogue
 Mick Ward 01 Dec 2006
In reply to Marc C:

> ...in fact every day began with him sitting in a plush armchair, drinking coffee and eating toast (handed to him by Frieda), scribbling away at his masterpiece...

The literary life, dear boy.

Mick
 Craig Geddes 01 Dec 2006
In reply to Norrie Muir: I noticed - after a several month hiatus from UKC the change caused me confusion as, at first glance, it appeared you had stopped posting!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...