UKC

troll wall portaledge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jeedy7 07 Dec 2006
will a portaledge be needed for this or are there suitable ledges anyone now?
 David Barlow 07 Dec 2006
It all depends which route you want to climb!
OP jeedy7 07 Dec 2006
In reply to David Barlow: not sure yet but but some routes would require one. you think.?
kri 07 Dec 2006
In reply to jeedy7: ED? my ar5e!
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 07 Dec 2006
In reply to jeedy7: Troll wall when we attempted it in 1998 it was hideous. It fell down later on that year. The rimmond route, the easiest line up there didn't require one as long as you manage to climb enough pitches between the good ledges.

A better route of similar length is the SE Face of Mongendrura(Sic). As it is south facing and cleaner. As opposed to damp, wet dirty and loose offerings of Troll Wall.

There is loads of good cragging in the area, or alternatively go to Lofoten
 SecretSquirrel 07 Dec 2006
In reply to mark reeves:
Wasn't there a big discussion a few months back about the Troll Wall after a bad accident on there? (btw, hope that guy who was injured is recovering ok)
I might be getting mixed up with places, but I'm sure I remember reading stuff from the local guides saying that its getting virtually unclimbable in places because of constant rockfalls.
OP jeedy7 07 Dec 2006
In reply to kri: what you talking about
OP jeedy7 07 Dec 2006
In reply to mark reeves: cheers for that. i don't have a set route in mind yet but it looks really good over there and change from the alps. but i'm after something big, any ideas
kri 07 Dec 2006
In reply to jeedy7: It's me Dave! What's all this ED stuff about on yer profile. You've only ever climbed V diff with me. You trying to tell me something or what?
OP jeedy7 08 Dec 2006
In reply to kri: no idea who you are? you a crack head?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...