UKC

Full on Dyno site down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme 01 Aug 2002
Where's it gone I just keep getting the same DHS page, whats that all about?

So whats happened to it then?
 Chris Fryer 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Graeme: I think theres a lack of finances and some reworking done. There are some bits and bobs here - just an update though, I think http://www25.brinkster.com/fullondyno/localupdate.htm
NeilK 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Nope, that link gives you all the most recent topos from round here. Well done for finding that Chris!
 Adam Lincoln 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK:
Yay! Seems my project has only been done from standing!!!
 Chris Fryer 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK: Dont thank me, thank Sutty. He found it earlier in the week when I was looking for info on Heysham Head.
NeilK 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Well done Sutty then! I'm extra happy because being the kind soul that I am if that link hadn't been found I would have gladly offered to pass on any information required, including topos (because me and a mate produced those topos on that site!). What do you want to know about Heysham Head?
 Chris Fryer 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK: Not really for me, but a mate ( ithink you met him at the John Dunne Ape Index?) spends a couple of days a week working at a ummm "facility" in the area. I have forwarded the topos/info to him from that website, and he will check it out next time. Any spots not on that website that you recommend?
NeilK 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Not really, we're a pretty giving area! Those topos just about cover all the bouldering around here, except for one or two "stand-alone" problems (like the Cringlebarrow traverse, which although ace is V11). The best areas are Woodwell especially O'ert Road, and Fairy Steps if you're grade is 5c and below.

I'm assuming your mate works at the nuclear power station? If so, nothing to be ashamed of - I get my leccy from it and the jobs good enough for Homer J. Simpson - nuff said! Heysham Head is quite good, in fact a few of the problems are outstanding: Stardust, Boogaloo Shrimp, and Discocaine all spring to mind, along with some flake-line in the woods. Oh, and Atomic Garden, but that's V11 aswell. One last thing - as your mate prob knows the're all soaking!
 Chris Fryer 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK: Cool. He is currently 5c/6a ing, so some good recommendations. Not here this week, but will be up next week. He may appreciate a bit of company if you are free.
NeilK 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Chris Fryer:

Yeah, I should be. Just get him to send an e-mail to me and I'll see what I can do - always happy to show people round...
Gruff 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK:

Hi Neil!

Is that "Gregs Dyno" at red wall the one I think it is?

How are you doing on AofSD?

g
NeilK 01 Aug 2002
In reply to Gruff:

Yeah, I think it is. As regards the other problem, I'm waiting for it to dry out! Went back a day after you were up and found it wet, managed the last move even with the wet foot holds but the first move was soaked. Maybe when it drys out...
Gruff 01 Aug 2002
In reply to NeilK:

cheers!

Thanks a lot for letting us stay by the way! You were very hospitable!

g

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...