UKC

"I'm the Bishop of Southwark..."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 KeithW 12 Dec 2006
More proof that Chris Morris is now writing the news for real:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1969308,00.html

"...he was seen sitting in the back of a Mercedes chucking children's toys out of the window and announcing: "I'm the Bishop of Southwark. It's what I do."

Best laugh of the week so far. Good for him.

John2 12 Dec 2006
In reply to KeithW: It always surprises me how unforgiving churchmen are, considering how much time they spend talking about forgiveness. There are calls for the bishop to be sacked, and he has apparently sacked several priests for drunkenness himself.
 biscuit 12 Dec 2006
In reply to KeithW:

saw a quote from a church spokesperson in the weekend papers that they thought he may have had some sort of mini stroke leading to such out of character behaviour.

Yeah whatever !

In my eyes the standing of the C of E has gone through the roof. Good effort Bish.

John2 12 Dec 2006
In reply to biscuit: 'In my eyes the standing of the C of E has gone through the roof'

I suspect myself that the real credit lies with the Irish ambassador.
OP KeithW 12 Dec 2006
In reply to John2:

> I suspect myself that the real credit lies with the Irish ambassador.

Ah, those sneaky Fenians!
Clauso 12 Dec 2006
In reply to KeithW:
>
> "I'm the Bishop of Southwark. It's what I do."

Sounds like something out of a Blackadder script! ... Mucho mirth was had reading that little article. The boy done good.

OP KeithW 12 Dec 2006
In reply to Clauso:

> Sounds like something out of a Blackadder script

Who else, when hearing that 'Thought For The Day' is by The Bishop of Bath and Wells, feels compelled to shout "The baby-eating Bishop of Bath and Wells!!"?

Oh. Just me then.
Clauso 12 Dec 2006
In reply to KeithW:
>
> Oh. Just me then.

You are not alone.
 woolsack 12 Dec 2006
In reply to KeithW: Let he who hath no drinking accidents buy the next round.

Sounds like an average level of alco-amnesia to me, complete with the normal amount of 'sh*t, did I do that?' bruises etc afterwards.

Hair of the dog now?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...