UKC

Egerton Quarry and chainsaws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JDDD 13 Dec 2006
Hi chaps,
We have permission to lop down a load of trees at Egerton Quarry. Specifically about 3m^3 per month. There are a lot of trees that if cut down would greatly improve the quarry, but we are short of a chainsaw and worthy chainsaw operator. If you are local to the Manchester / Bolton area, have a chainsaw and would like to earn a few pints, could you let me know through the website.

Thanks in advance.
 Fiend 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman:

Interesting.

What areas in particular are being a talked about??

You don't want to go too far as the trees give it character and a more natural ambience.

So far I can think of Phantom Zone, a bit near Open Book, and a lot around Guillotine....but little more than that? The main areas are pretty unaffected by trees...
OP JDDD 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Fiend: I don't know the specifics but I think the areas for clearance are those you mentioned. The specific point is that we are only allowed to clear so much per month so we need to get going ASAP.
 Keeg 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman: Not a qualified tree surgeon or anything but quite happy to trog along with my chainsaw and hack at stuff till it falls over. Can I keep the logs for firewood?
 anonymous1 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman:

I have 3 chain saws and mechanical log splitter . I will get hold of Tubby 'i'm not fat' Hibbert and he can sort it out.
martin k 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman: jon, when you've got a date, let us know (i'm sure you will)

cheers
 SebCa 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman: is Hoghton quarry not in a little need or some pruuning also?
 Lone Rider 13 Dec 2006
In reply to anonymous1:
> (In reply to Jon Dittman)
>
> I have 3 chain saws and mechanical log splitter . I will get hold of Tubby 'i'm not fat' Hibbert and he can sort it out.

This wouldn't be Geoff Hibbert( he was a bit tubby as well by any chance? If same ask him about getting stitches out at K2 hotel, Skardu 1988.
ukminch 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman:
If you can get a date sorted I'd be more that happy to give a hand if I'm about. I could also bring along the chipper for the smaller branches (<5inch) to be returned as woodchip to the ground. Not sure what access is like for it though I must admit.

Rob
 andi_e 13 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman: Definitely the bit around Open Book which is a superb route, and we could also use the logs to bridge the stream perhaps?
OP JDDD 14 Dec 2006
In reply to Lone Rider:

> This wouldn't be Geoff Hibbert( he was a bit tubby as well by any chance? If same ask him about getting stitches out at K2 hotel, Skardu 1988.

No - it is Mr Lancashire himself, Les Ainsworth who has done the deal. He has left it to me to organise the Egerton "carefully selected tree" chainsaw masacre.
 kms 14 Dec 2006
In reply to Jon Dittman:

hi jon

i know someone who's trade is into tree killing. he's a keen quarry trad man and i'm sure he'll be up for helping out.

email me your number and if i get in touch with him i'll forward all contacts

hi names bruce. may have noticed him, abt 5"5' stocky and very chatty

steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...