UKC

Offa's Dyke sponsor money

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fidget 18 Dec 2006
Just a final thanks to everyone who sponsored me for Offa's Dyke. In total I raised £600, £300 for Amnesty International and £300 for a charity called Streetscene. Unfortunately Two Saints, who I had intended the other half of the money for have closed down due to lack of funding, but in a stroke of coincidence, the guy the runs the Southamtpon house of Streetscene used to go climbing with my friend who died (who I chose the charities for), so it all worked out well.

Hopefully both charities (Amnesty definitely can) will be able to claim gift aid back in my donations, which means an extra 28.21 p back per pound on all the relevant donations (except for those from non UK tax payer).

It's a great feeling to be able to write out cheques and send them off, especially since I didn't even finish the walk and most people decided to donate anyway! A few people chose to donate to charities themselves rather than donate through me (partly easier that way, and partly as I didn't finish my objective), so an extra £17 was split between SARAID, Amnesty, and a local charity.
 Anni 18 Dec 2006
In reply to cider nut:

You have mail...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...