UKC

Performance Anxiety

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rider 11 Jan 2007
Who has suffered 'performance anxieties' when beginning, or thinking about beginning a new sexual relationship, and/or any stresses associated with a new relationship?

I haven't had many relationships, but the few I have had, have more often than not been fairly unbalanced, one-sided and overall slightly stressful affairs!

And as for hopping in the sack, well, any other men experienced anxiety and how have you overcome it?
OP Anonymous 11 Jan 2007
In reply to Rider: England don't run out onto the pitch drunk and without warming up do they? No they have practice session and make sure that they're sober.
 lost1977 11 Jan 2007
In reply to Rider:

try to relax there is no need to rush these things (but saying that taking too long to get things going may increase the pressure)

and when it comes to hopping in the sack, in a word 'foreplay'
Regis Von Goatlips 11 Jan 2007
In reply to Rider: As a youngster I experienced terrible performance anxiety, simply couldn't rise to the occassion. "The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak"; a condition that subsided with time and confidence in my partners affection & respect. In my case I think it essentially boiled down to low self esteem...I dunno, ask a shrink. But in an age where men increasingly feel powerless (a glance at the mornings headlines is enough to make anybody limp as a dead pope), and mens & womens roles in society shift dramatically (I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing) perhaps we also begin to question our ability to be attractive to women. From there it's a very short walk to performance anxiety. I'm not a therapist, but common sense suggests that the best medicine (besides good nutrition, enough rest, etc.) is trust and honesty. Give the imaginary social world a wide berth. If you're a right nice bloke (presuming that's what she's after) she'll understand and be patient if need be. Chances are she's been through this before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...