UKC

Route Description/Topo of Cassin Route -Piz Badile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
shunty 11 Jan 2007
Does anyone have a link to an English description of this classic route or link to a topo?
Cheers.
Nick
In reply to shunty: try www.summitpost.com
 IanJackson 13 Jan 2007
In reply to shunty: Summit post but its vague. Already gutted the Internet and UKC for information, with a minimum result. there's some great photos mind. Looking forward to doing it in the summer, with a guide book.
shunty 13 Jan 2007
In reply to IanJackson:
Likewise Ian, which guide will you use?
In reply to shunty:
> Does anyone have a link to an English description of this classic route or link to a topo?

Have you seen this one?

http://www.serf.ru/image/badile_cassin/topo.jpg
Removed User 13 Jan 2007
In reply to Luca Signorelli:

I am also planning to do it in the summer and have got the Swiss Rock Granite Bregalia ISBN 1-899098-05-4.

This seems to cover it well.

Gary.
 IanJackson 13 Jan 2007
In reply to shunty: I have been kindly lent the Alpine club guide, Bernina & Bregaglia , pitch by pitch descriptions. but pretty dull to look at. Once your on the route i think its pretty easy to follow the pegs.

Good luck.

Ian
shunty 13 Jan 2007
no, no seen this. That's useful thank you.
Nick
sam the man 13 Jan 2007
In reply to Luca Signorelli: That looks great thankyou, another one on my list for the summer....
Sam
 Morgan Woods 13 Jan 2007

The topo is from the Sasc Fura section of the Plaisir Sud guide (Filidor) and the photo looks like it's from here:

http://climbing.com/news/hotflashes/pizbadile/

trust those no copyright russians!

In any case it's on my list!
 BenTiffin 13 Jan 2007
In reply to Removed User: I did it in 2003 and had both the AC guide and the one you mention with us in the valley. The Swiss Rock (mentioned), puclished by 'Void' was the better of the two due to its more user friendly topos.

For valley cragging while you are there, there is a guide that can be bought locally,

Good luck, awesome route.

Ben
 IanJackson 14 Jan 2007
In reply to BenTiffin: You have ticked quite alot of my wish list Ben. Iam Jealous
 BenTiffin 14 Jan 2007
In reply to IanJackson: Thankyou for the comment. Feel free to ask for beta in future if you want to know about any of them.

My wishlist is huge but I have had to cut down at present due to the birth of a baby daughter. Also, while Swansea does have the Gower and Pembroke and SE Wales Sandstone close by, it ain't exactly a quick drive to many other climbing places - I miss living 10 mins from Stanage!

Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...