UKC

Pete's Eats new routes info online

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Petes 14 Aug 2002
Petes Eats is now updating all the new route info whether bouldering or climbing onto its database. The database is searchable and it is possible to scroll through it looking back from the most recent routes to older offerings.

Have a look at the site at www.petes-eats.co.uk.

In time the site will become fully dynamic, with people being able to access the database directly and to put in their own info. into the site.

If you want to send in some information please feel free to do so to info@petes-eats.co.uk and we will post it up. If you do send in your new gem please make sure you give us the full date.

Cheers,

Pete
stoney in exile 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Petes: TA for that. Are the building works finished yet?
 JIMBO 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Petes: Love the web-cams, good to see it's still raining! Great site...

JIMBO
Martin Brierley 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Petes:

I have two comments and a question.

1. When posting links, can everybody please put http:// in front of the www, as it makes clicking on it far easier.

2. I like the Pete's site (not been on it before), but it would be nice to see a list of the routes without having to page through stuff from newer to older, or using the search engine. I think that would be a useful addition.

Question:

Do you still have the Big Jim on the menu?

if so, can you list it, as it's quite a dish, and I'm sure it'd attract the climbers to the challenge.
In reply to Martin Brierley:
>
Big Jim on the menu? ...sure it'd attract the climbers to the challenge.

Don't be silly. I am well lardarsed and known at the Tyn y for having 2 maincourses before the sticky date pud drowned in custard. Even I can nae face up to the Big Jim..... Yup it was still on last I went in May.
In reply to stoney in exile:

I could have the Big Jim!
In reply to Martin Brierley: Respeck! May I watch....
Gruff 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Petes:

http://www.petes-eats.co.uk

for the lazy! hehe!

g
 TimB 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Gruff:

Despite not admitting the existence of routes below E2, this is the most comprehensible/mainstream/boring writing of John Redheads I've ever seen
http://www.petes-eats.co.uk/static/climbing_01.asp
In reply to TimB:

So cemetary gates, brant direct and diagonal at HVS, and the whole Tremadog area as the home of the VS doesn't qualify?
OP Pete 14 Aug 2002
In reply to stoney in exile: The work is finished, still a few teething problems but we now have more seating in the cafe, a great information/lounge area and a self-contained flat for 12. Advanced bokings telephone 01286 871 117
O Mighty Tim 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Pete: And a bloody great mug of coffee, and saus buttie yesterday morning. Cheers, dudes!

And since when have you done B&B????
I was going to post here, but you already have!

Tim, TG, sat under the fan, about 11AM. In a Hobgoblin Tee shirt...
In reply to Pete: Fan-bloody-tastic. See you in 3 weeks.
OP Compiler 14 Aug 2002
In reply to Martin Brierley:

Regarding Comment 2: Thanks for the compliment. However, it was decided not to present routes in big lists to make it more 'interactive'. The site will become very interactive when it becomes totally dynamic.

Also, when new routes really take off and develop in an area then you should have a long enough list of routes to Copy & Paste out.
OP johncoxmysteriously 14 Aug 2002
In reply to stoney in exile:

The Big Jim is well overrated as a challenge. A couple of friends of mine pissed it last time we were there and were able to walk more or less straightaway. It needs beefing up to account for the greedier, modern, young climber nourished on fast food from earliest childhood. Otherwise I fear downgrading is on the horizon.
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

that's not 2 of them to a plate I hope?

I rest my case as being able to out eat some big blokes who are very proud of their capacity, but there again, I do have Brierley blood in me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...