UKC

Valentines flowers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Laubie 14 Feb 2007
£45 for a bouquet of flowers for my wife, was the shop owners reply. F*ck that! This was a small selection £60 for large flowers.

Valentines madness....................
 Mita 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie: Make some, buy some crape paper...... You will save a shite load of money
David KS 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie: Nip into your nearest cemetry....Always a few flowers lying about.
 Nevis-the-cat 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Thanks to the miracle of gun crime there is an unending supply of flowers in Hackney.

Nao 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

I just got a large bunch of flowers delivered!
 Mita 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Nao:
> (In reply to Laubie)
>
> I just got a large bunch of flowers delivered!

Cow
Hjonesy 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:
> (In reply to Laubie)
>
> Thanks to the miracle of gun crime there is an unending supply of flowers in Hackney.

PMSL! Classy!
Hjonesy 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Nao:
> (In reply to Laubie)
>
> I just got a large bunch of flowers delivered!

Delivered to where?
Nao 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Hjonesy:

Home! For meeeeeeee! Woo!

No card though. I wonder who they could be from...
Hjonesy 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Nao:
> (In reply to Hjonesy)
>
> Home! For meeeeeeee! Woo!
>
> No card though. I wonder who they could be from...

really?! hee hee

J will be spitting feathers....best not tell him eh?!
fiend$ish 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Crumbs...are they really that expensive?! Makes me a feel a bit guilty for the huuuuuuuge bouquet I got presented with this morning (and the card and the pressies and the wine ... )
OP Laubie 14 Feb 2007
In reply to fiend$ish:

Nice one. Yes flowers cost a fortune!
 Rubbishy 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Sod the flowers

I once got tickets for the Bradford v sheffield game at Hillsbrough,

I was treated to 3 pies, a cup of tea in a polystyrene cup and the sight of my girlie chanting "You're not singing any more" at the Sheffield fans as the home side sank 4-2.

now that's romantic.
 smallclimber 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Cooking dinner would probably count for more and take more of your time than the 2 minutes needed to buy flowers.
 CT 14 Feb 2007
In reply to smallclimber:
> (In reply to Laubie)
>
> Cooking dinner would probably count for more and take more of your time than the 2 minutes needed to buy flowers.

You are joking aren't you? have you seen the ques as all the guys pour out of work and into the shops on their way home on the 13th?!!!

It's true though... a decent meal tastes much better than flowers.
OP Laubie 14 Feb 2007
In reply to CT:

Earlier I said that Valentines flowers cost a ridiculous amount. True, but my wife loved the flowers and seems the cost was worth it, perhaps more appreciated because I dont give flowers that often. Still hard pill to swallow that something so natural cost that much!
 Caralynh 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Just had a large bouquet of white roses and white tulips delivered
Bloke knows I think that anyone who buys red roses this week is a mug, since they tend to be the worst quality at the highest prices! White flowers are my favourite anyway, and don't clash with my sitting room
AND I'm having dinner cooked tonight at his place, so feeling rather flattered
ICE 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie: I buy Mrs Ice's the day after (her suggestion) because of the rip off prices, same with the meal.
 CT 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:
I agree, extortionate prices this week, but effort & expense is definately worth the smile that lasts for days. However there are slightly cheaper alternatives that can get similar effect, as have been mentioned.
 Philip 14 Feb 2007
I buy my girlfriend flowers every week. It is silly how roses go up near valentines (and sometimes other flowers). Although the valentines roses are usually the lovely big roses not the little ones tesco sells for 4.99. I paid 14.99 for 13 (is the lucky or not to get an extra in a dozen) from the green grocer in Ashbourne. The florists nearby wanted £50-70 for near identical (slightly bigger and more open yesterday) roses.
XXXX 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Just tell them you love them every day and Valentine's Day isn't any different. As you don't buy them flowers every other day they light up yout life you see no reason to change this for a day dictated to you by Interflora.

Works a treat.

Tonight I will be having dinner cooked for me and then we'll go down the pub together to watch the football.

OP Laubie 14 Feb 2007
In reply to Laubie:

Earlier I said that Valentines flowers cost a ridiculous amount. True, but my wife loved the flowers and seems like the cost was worth it. Still hard pill to swallow that something so natural cost that much!
In reply to Laubie:

Whats wrong with a single flower? im going for the less is more option. its the thought that counts after all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...