UKC

The Ice Factor, Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tombo1983 01 Mar 2007
Has anyone been to the Ice Factor indoor Center in Lochaber, Scotland? I went on a trip up that way a few weeks ago and had a browse around but wondered if anyone had any feedback about the place? Thanks
 niggle 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Tombo1983:

Great fun!

The ice wall is a blast and you'll be pretty pumped after the 2 hours your money buys you. The instructors are excellent too, good teaching and very personable.

Be sure to book though, it's popular!
 AG 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Tombo1983: best going in the summer, usually get the place to yourself!...
Iain Forrest 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Tombo1983:
Aye, good fun and well worth a shot when conditions are such that it isn't worth climbing outdoors (although this is also when it's hardest to get on their ice wall, of course).
Their 'rock' wall is pretty good too, as they go.
 Ian Archer 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Tombo1983:
Yep
well worth it. As previous reply - you get very pumped. Its quite varied too, different features you can go at. You do get a bit warm in there, so no need to relly wrap up warm. There's a handy file out side the room so you can keep your points nice and sharp!
Tim Chappell 01 Mar 2007
In reply to Ian Archer:

If you take your own tools, TAPE UP YOUR ADZE or take a chunk out of your nose
Tombo1983 01 Mar 2007
WOW! thats all pretty positive, guess i better start planning my next trip up to scotland then.
Thanks
 AlH 01 Mar 2007
In reply to all of the above: cheers for the support folks I'm glad we seem to be providing something you like and can use. The staff all work really hard at times like this to keep the place running and still find energy to take groups out on the hill and do their own climbing too. Ta,
Al@The Ice Factor.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...