UKC

Guidebooks to Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 19 Mar 2007
Gaaah. Father has just rung me as he doesn't know how to use amazon. He wants me to order him Lonely Planet: Germany. I see that the 2007 edition is published on March 23rd. That might be cutting it fine as he's off on the 30th or so. He's happy to have the 2004 edition, but before ordering that I thought I'd ask if anyone here would like to sell me it rather than getting a"new" old one off amazon?

Also he seems to think there's a publisher called "Blue Guide" who do city guidebooks, and that I could get a "Blue Guide to Dresden" - google and amazon are failing me here - any tips?

Thanks UKC
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Right. An alteration to the request (bless the oldies).

Does the Lonely Planet Guide to Berlin have a good section on Dresden too? One review on amazon says it does, but that's from 2001 so I'm not sure.
 ericoides 19 Mar 2007
In reply to Blue Straggler: Also he seems to think there's a publisher called "Blue Guide" who do city guidebooks, and that I could get a "Blue Guide to Dresden" - google and amazon are failing me here - any tips?

They don't do a Dresden guide

See here: http://www2.wwnorton.com/subject/travel.htm

This'll be their closest match

Anne Massey
Blue Guide Berlin and Eastern Germany
In reply to ericoides:
>
> This'll be their closest match
>
> Anne Massey
> Blue Guide Berlin and Eastern Germany

Thanks, I'd actually briefly spotted that before posting. My dad is blindly loyal to Lonely Planet though so I'd best not use my imagination
miho 20 Mar 2007
In reply to Blue Straggler: Let me know if your dad has any specific questions regarding Dresden. I'm from there and happy to help out. Germany guidebooks usually have a section on Dresden. If he's into walking or climbing, check if they have something on the Saechsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland, Elbsandstein) area just outside Dresden.
Michael

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...