UKC

rubber?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 24 Mar 2007
Has anyone had the chance to try the new 5.10 shoes with Stealth Onyx soles? How does it compare to the Stealth C4 shoes? I'm drooling over the new Anasazi Verdes and the Pitons, but I guess I'll probably be climbing with my old 5.10 Newtons complete with hole at the toe for most of the season unless we win the lottery.
In reply to Removed User: What season is that Mick? My season started 15 years ago!

P.S. Haven't tried the new rubber, but it would have to be amazing to beat Stealth.
Removed User 24 Mar 2007
In reply to Hugh Janus:

I am currently living in Winnipeg, Canada- daytime max temps have just crept above zero. The ice climbing season was awesome but its still a bit chilly for rock!

kevin k 24 Mar 2007
In reply to Removed User: Hole in the toe!!!
Try seam seal.
as advised by the mighty Chris Craggs.
i used it last month on my old Mad Rocks, and as Tony the tiger said 'There Greeeeaat'. best advice so far.
 pictish 24 Mar 2007
In reply to Removed User: I've had a pair of 5.10 Gambit for just over a month. The Onyx rubber feels a bit firmer than the C4 so should hopefully be a bit harder wearing. It seems to stick just as well as the C4. I did some routes in Spain last month that involved a lot of smearing on slabs and they never felt like they were going to come unstuck. I'm only climbing at pretty low grades though so the difference to me would probably be minimal.
In reply to Removed User: Ah, I see. Not much ice in Gloucestershire (Southern England), only on my windscreen at 5 a.m.
Removed User 25 Mar 2007
In reply to pictish:

Great, if they stick as well as my Newtons but wear better that would be a dream. What did you pay for your Gambits? They are $107 Canadian here in Canada which is just under 50 quid at the current exchange rate.
 pictish 25 Mar 2007
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Userpictish)
What did you pay for your Gambits?

I think they were about £56 but that was with a 15% discount for being a full member of the climbing wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...