UKC

Green products: the Eco Kettle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've just bought one of these to replace my broken kettle, and it seems very neat:
http://www.greenstamp.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2

basically you can fill it up with water, but then it boils only the water you need, rather than the whole kettle full, saving loads of energy (and you get your coffee faster

Yes, you could boil just the water you need with any old kettle, but this design makes it 'easy' to be more energy efficient, which is half the battle I reckon.

What 'green' products do you use/like ?
rich 25 Apr 2007
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: dalek-shaped compost bin/wormery from the council - we keep filling it up but it nver gets full

one day i'll look to see what's in the bottom
 Armadillo 25 Apr 2007
In reply to rich:
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC) dalek-shaped compost bin/wormery from the council - we keep filling it up but it nver gets full
>
> one day i'll look to see what's in the bottom

You haven't put it over a Hellmouth have you?

rich 25 Apr 2007
In reply to Armadillo: now you mention it there are quite a lot of flies . . .
 DougG 25 Apr 2007
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

> basically you can fill it up with water, but then it boils only the water you need

Bloody hell, that's clever. How does it know?
Jonno 25 Apr 2007

Yes but Tescos do electric kettles for a fiver. Why can't you just measure the amount of water you use and just boil enough for your needs.
Spend the twenty five quid you saved on a hand woven hair shirt.
 winhill 25 Apr 2007

I used to have kettle with a see thru window, now have a stainless one with no window.

After using it about twice I could judge how much water to boil for a cup - it ain't difficult!
 sutty 25 Apr 2007

Cool, I start with an empty kettle, put a mugful of water in it and somehow I usually get a mugful back out when it has boiled.

I use lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, apples, grapes, all green.

Energy efficient bulbs in most lights, seem to get two or three given me every year by some well meaning utilities.

Instant water heater, no tank to fill and cool down.

Visit the pub for a couple of hours to save fuel, well everyone does that I hope, share a bar and heating.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...