UKC

midges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si dH 03 May 2007
The season has started!
There were a bunch of them at the top of the Roaches last night and I got my first few minor bites (no blebs to speak of yet!) at Willersley the this evening.

Little bastards.
 Bob 03 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:

There were a few out last week at one of the Bunny runs above Haworth. Keep something acidic like vinegar to hand as it helps neutralise the sting so that you don't get blebs.

boB
 mickwood 04 May 2007
Avon 'skin so soft'....apparently the bomb!
In reply to Si dH:

Loads of nasty little bitey things at Anglezarke yesterday too. Daft evening to wear shorts and t shirt.
Removed User 06 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:

There are worse things. Mosquitoes and wood ticks for a start.
 tommyzero 06 May 2007
In reply to Anon_13_20220115:

I look like pizza after a late evening at Harrisons today!
rginns 06 May 2007
In reply to mickwood: don't believe it Mick, it's rubbish. had some in scotland last year and it didnt touch them...
 Duz Walker 06 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:

My first "Skin So Soft" trial the other night, I am relatively impressed. I think it drowns the feckers rather that DEETerring them.
 Mr Ed 06 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:

Apparently the male midges are the first to hatch and don't bite. The femalaes hatch a few weeks later and they're the ones that bite.
Removed User 06 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:
Some Scottish scientists have identified the chemicals in the sweat of people that are immune to attack. Already patented and a new generation of deterrents may be just round the corner.

Hoo fckin ray.........
bergalia 06 May 2007
In reply to Si dH: Smoke a pipe. I was born, raised, and spent much of my working life in the West Highlands. While my non-pipe smoking friends resembled Christmas Puddings I escaped (excuse the pun) Scot free.
 mickwood 06 May 2007
In reply to Mr Ed:
It's the females that cause the problems?....now....why aren't I surprised? hee hee!!

*stands back for the torrent of abuse*
 Mikkel 06 May 2007
In reply to Removed User:
I can sell you the real thing if you want.
No need to buy the synthetic versions.
 Mike C 07 May 2007
In reply to Mokkel:
Sure Mik, but yours smells, mine works just as well & is odourless
Fit like lad?
 SonyaD 07 May 2007
In reply to Mike C: Aye and I reckon most folk would prefer being eaten alive by midgies than having to spray odour de Mik on them.
 Mikkel 07 May 2007
In reply to lasonj:
heard they are doing a La Sonya variant, they let old cigaratte butts soak in it for 3 months before its bottled and sold as repellant.
 SonyaD 07 May 2007
In reply to Mokkel: Hahaha, even a 6month fag butt repellant would still smell better than your repellant
 pepperpot 07 May 2007
In reply to Si dH:

I've been camping in North Wales this weekend and I've been savaged by the little bas**rds. Not had levels of itchiness like this since I went to Skye last year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...