UKC

Cliffhanger !!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leeford 08 May 2007
Watched it last night as it was either that or a doc on weird twins. My question is at the begining Sly is climbing solo to rescue his pal and his girlfriend on the tower, if he is soloing why has he got a massive rack of gear weighting him down?

thebigdon 08 May 2007
In reply to leeford: don't even start to pick this film apart cos you'll never finish! i view it as more of a comedy film than an action drama
OP leeford 08 May 2007
In reply to thebigdon:

Well it didn't keep we awake, just thought it strange.

Only watched it because it reminds me of my trip to cananda, watched it at the cinema over there when it first came out.
Ian 08 May 2007
In reply to leeford:

mmm... bolt gun...
 galpinos 08 May 2007
In reply to leeford:

Cracking movie!
 jools 08 May 2007
In reply to leeford:

I was once teaching a group of kids to climb, and no matter what I said, they assured me that climbers all use bolt guns, referencing this film as proof!

The film industry has a lot to be responsible for...
OP leeford 08 May 2007
In reply to jools:

Its the part where sly is sliding down the snow covered hill using the bad guys face as a brake, then just swings his arm out with a ice axe on and stops dead...would he not carry on over the edge withh the moment he had built up, the axe didn't have enough time or weight over it to purchase.

Like was said before dont open then can of worms, the film is wrong in all ways. But for it's comic value it great.
 niggle 08 May 2007
In reply to leeford:

Another good gutbuster is the hilarious K2 epic Vertical Limit.

Watch and and give yourself a hernia.
OP leeford 08 May 2007
In reply to niggle:
> (In reply to leeford)
>
> Another good gutbuster is the hilarious K2 epic Vertical Limit.
>
> Watch and and give yourself a hernia.

That was just bad and not in the hip down with the kids way bad, cliffhanger is a much better film....(hell I'm defending cliffhanger..they must be coming with the white coats soon).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...