UKC

i hope england loose the football tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Emma babe 06 Jun 2007
as it will rightly piss off my boyfriend and he deserves that at the moment.

its a crap sport anyhow
 mickwood 06 Jun 2007
Are they playing!?!?

see....finger on the pulse, me!
 Greenbanks 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:

I hope so too - but for completely different reasons.
Emma babe 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Greenbanks:

whats your reason, you estonian
 Banned User 77 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe: No I want a victory. Not qualifying does us no good in the long term.
 Greenbanks 06 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

It might help get rid of Macca!
Simon22 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Greenbanks:
> (In reply to IainRUK)
>
> It might help get rid of Macca!

But mean we will have little chance of qualifying for 2008.

I want rid of him but not that much!
 Greenbanks 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon22:

I'd rather not qualify & at least look like we're being adventurous in tactics/team selection etc
OP Anonymous 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:

Loose?
 lummox 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
> (In reply to Emma babe)
>
> Loose?

Is footy now like archery or summat ?
Emma babe 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

yes i hope they shoot arrows at the ball, a bit like agincore,

will do wonders for the uk rep of football fans abroad
Removed User 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:
Dump him for a french, Italian or Ukranian. They really need to lose the football.
 foggieclimber 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe: lose not loose
Emma babe 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Removed User:

hes german actualy (blush)

oh the shame

sorry dad
gourd 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:

Agincourt not agincore
 drunken monkey 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe: Theres no way that even this England team can lose to Estonia.... Surely??
 seagull 06 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK:

We've been here before eh Iain? ; )

I would gladly trade not qualifying for this tournament for getting rid of McLaren.

I remember being sat on a beach in Mexico when my mate text me the qualifying group. We proceded to laugh at the fact that we had such a piss easy group in comparison to Scotland. Point is we should have walked qualification. We should have a great team with the players we have and there is no excuse for the pathetic shambles that McLaren has created. Who would have thought that he'd make Sven look like he knew what he was doing?

IF we qualify and manage to limp into the quarter finals before going out to France or someone (having never "reached our potential" like at the last two World Cups) then it is entirely possible that McLaren will retain his job. This is the nighmare scenario whereby we continue with the same total mismanagement into the next World Cup campaign. I'm not even considering the possiblity because it's too depressing.

Think about it. With McLaren in charge can you REALLY see England ever winning anything? If you agree that this is about as likely as Beckham rejoining Man U then you must agree that he needs to go as soon as possible and if you agree with this then you'll be supporting the mighty Estonia tonight.
 seagull 06 Jun 2007
In reply to drunken monkey:
> Theres no way that even this England team can lose to Estonia.... Surely??

Very much doubt it but we can hope.
 seagull 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:
>
> hes german actualy (blush)
>
And supports England?!?!
Emma babe 06 Jun 2007
In reply to seagull:
> [...]
> And supports England?!?!

well he supports me

In reply to seagull: No.

But I honestly think Mclaren will be sacked for a dismal showing at the next championships. Instead you want him sacked now.

I'd rather qualify badly and get there.

I always think with good players there is always the chance of winning something.

With Rooney and Gerrard I think we have real world class players.
Removed User 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:
> (In reply to Just a bhoy)
>
> hes german actualy (blush)

He'll be gutted if England get beat, in fact tears will be flowing doon his cheeks......
 davidwright 06 Jun 2007
In reply to seagull:
> [...]
> And supports England?!?!

Well he knows that keeping our Mike Bassettesque manager as long as poss is the best way of stuffing up English football long term....
In reply to seagull: You want England to lose?
 davidwright 06 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK: we have to qualify above all else but so long as Mclarens perfomance either improves drastically (we'll know in advance by the flocks of pigs over central london...) or is so embarising he gets sacked before the finals it would be better.
 seagull 06 Jun 2007

I thought I'd explained that. Sorry. Yes I would rather we didn't qualify than scraped into the finals, did nothing when we got there and continued being rubbish.

The sooner we get rid of McLaren the sooner someone can start repairing the damage. Although why I have faith that the FA will actually appoint someone capable I have no idea.

McLaren is already making excuses for tonight's game. Saying fans need to be patient and that we shouldn't expect lots of goals. This is just not acceptable. WHY shouldn't we expect lots of goals when England are playing Estonia? We blatantly should but we dont because the manager is an idiot.

Anyway I'm off bouldering at Plantation soon and I don't care if I miss some or all of the game. To anyone who knows me this shows just how disillusioned I am with England at the moment.
Removed User 06 Jun 2007
In reply to davidwright:
MacLaren notwithstanding, there a few "world class" players in that squad need a long hard look at themselves. If they can't pull on an England jersey and play to their full potential you should be asking why they shouldn't GTF.....
Witkacy 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:

> its a crap sport anyhow

True - a bunch of oafs in a cheating competition.
In reply to Removed User: I'm not sure.

Those players have performed very well for years in their domestic teams.

But saying that the fan abuse at them is nothing short of a disgrace. We've already forced scholsey out of the set up, soon Lamps will follow.

Paul Scholes was played out of position but did his job and got nasty abuse. He's never shirked a challenge or a sprint for club or country yet he was made a scape goat and he rightly stuck up two fingers and concentrated on his club.

The fear running through the team is very noticeable. A player makes a mistake and he's 'cnut' a 'fat bastard', a 'lazy tw*t'. Hardly the atmosphere for flowing football.
 seagull 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Witkacy:

>
> True - a bunch of oafs in a cheating competition.

Sounds like me and my mates when we're down at The Climbing Works.
 Greenbanks 06 Jun 2007
In reply to davidwright:

"above all else"?

I'm at the stage now with England that I'd rather have them playing exciting, attacking football with passion and flair & yet risk being beaten.

Look what happened to United in Milan when they tried playing the 'European' way. Up and at 'em. But many of the players seem to be a victim of the hype - regard themselves as capable of the ZZ or Ronaldinho swagger. But they're not that good...
 smithaldo 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Witkacy:

then why post, you saw football was in the title. Egg chaser I presume.

seagull 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Greenbanks:
> (In reply to davidwright)
>
> regard themselves as capable of the ZZ or Ronaldinho swagger. But they're not that good...

Step forward Kieran Richardson.
Simon22 06 Jun 2007
In reply to smithaldo:

I think he loves it really!!
In reply to seagull: I'm not English, but I agree that Mclaren aint the way forward for you guys. I thought that if you appointed Gus Hiddink when you had the chance, England would/could have become serious world cup contenders. Its just not gonna happen under Mclaren in my opinion, he's just far too negative. England should be humping Estonia by 4 or 5 with the players they have.

But is it worth sacking him now? Or supporting him through this?
In reply to Greenbanks:

I agree, I'd rather we lost, Macca is s*** of the highest order.

We've moved from one manager who was good, but too easily swayed by public opinion and appearance to one that's just too easily swayed by public opinion and appearance.

That and he's dropped Carra, but then that could be related to point above.

The sooner he's gone the better.

To be honest my enthusiasm for national football has waned so much over recent years I can barely force myself to watch the tedious display that England put on these days.
lloyd f 06 Jun 2007
> (In reply to seagull) I'm not English, but I agree that Mclaren aint the way forward for you guys. I thought that if you appointed Gus Hiddink when you had the chance, England would/could have become serious world cup contenders. Its just not gonna happen under Mclaren in my opinion, he's just far too negative. England should be humping Estonia by 4 or 5 with the players they have.
>
> But is it worth sacking him now? Or supporting him through this?

Are you not English?? I thought you were from London!

In reply to lloyd f: Watch your mouth cock'a'nee geezer!
Removed User 06 Jun 2007
In reply to IainRUK:
In fairness I think the performances have been a couple of steps in front of the fans who have been a bit more tolerant than the press over the years. You need tyo break the cycle. It won't happen in tallinn no matter the result.
 Greenbanks 06 Jun 2007
In reply to seagull:
> (In reply to Greenbanks)
> [...]
>
> Step forward Kieran Richardson.

Too right. SAF should get rid too.

Al Evans 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Greenbanks: Slightly good news, Israel only beating Andorra 1-0 at HT
Wes 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Emma babe:

glad i'm not your boyfriend!

Witch!
In reply to Al Evans: 2 nil Israel now.
 Al Evans 06 Jun 2007
In reply to drunken monkey: Blast!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...