UKC

I do hope England lose

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stalky 06 Jun 2007
The chavs and their flags just make be ashamed to be English, and let's face it we're never going to win the Euro 2008 anyway so let's just have it over and done with now.

I'll still be going down the pub to wathc the game but don't think it will be much better than the dross we've seen in Croatia and Israel.
Simon22 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Stalky:

That's the spirit we need.

I trust you'll be saying the same if stood next to some 18 stone pissed up meathead in the ale house?
In reply to Stalky:

Personally I want to see a good game of football. Not really fussed whether England win or lose to be honest, but I expect England to give a decent showing tonight.
 drunken monkey 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Am Fear Liath Mor: I expect England to win 10-0. If the dont, its the end of the world, and Mclaren should be sacked, and the whole team should quit.
In reply to drunken monkey:

Mclaren should be sacked for being the blandest human being to ever manage a football team. I watched him being interviewed earlier on and almost fell asleep into my tea.
00spaw 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Stalky: i dont think that mclaren should be sacked...i think we should give him time to get a good team together and playing well. I still beleive that he can.

I also think that rather than shouting him down we should all back the England manager. I dont like the way the media slate the managers, past and present in the press, then wonder why they dont do very well.

There is positive criticism but it usually goes way too far.
Simon22 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Am Fear Liath Mor:

Aye, you have to feel for his wife.
In reply to 00spaw: How much more of a good team does he need? England have one of the best leagues, and some of the best players in the world. Why all the excuses?
 Dominion 06 Jun 2007

> England have one of the best leagues

Loaded with foreign players, in the top teams...
smart guy 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon22:
> (In reply to Stalky)
>
>
> That's the spirit we need.
>
> I trust you'll be saying the same if stood next to some 18 stone pissed up meathead in the ale house?

Haha. I like that Si.
In reply to Stalky: I can understand why some of the fans may make you ashamed to be English, but why would an English flag make you ashamed?
In reply to Fawksey:

and more importantly why let a minority of morons spoil it for you?
In reply to Dominion: Its not that bad. The majority of players in the premiership are still English.
 Flicka 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Stalky:

When I saw this thread title, first question came to mind: "lose what?"....but you answered it in your OP
00spaw 06 Jun 2007
>Why all the excuses?

i think it has alot to do with the timings of the games and the amount of premiership games that are played.

I also think that the club managers not allowing their players to play for the country easily is acceptable.

Dominion 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Stalky:

0-1 now

Estonia-England, btw

Just before all the cheering starts in Scotland...

Simon22 06 Jun 2007
> (In reply to Dominion) Its not that bad. The majority of players in the premiership are still English.

I am not sure there are any more. On Radio 5 they said that only about 30% of players in the squads of top 4 were English these days.
In reply to Simon22: 2 - 0 so far
Simon22 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

Looks like Stalky will be crying into his pint.
In reply to Simon22: good for the traitor
In reply to Fawksey: Mclaren must stay!
In reply to drunken monkey: I wouldnt go that far!
In reply to Fawksey: Hahahaha. I hope he does!
Simon22 06 Jun 2007

Spoken like a true Scot.

3-0 now.
In reply to Fawksey: I dont know why he cant just drop lampard so asto give him a kick up the arse, players need to be hungry. I think the reason Crouch does so well is he knows that everyone is waiting to get on his back

3 - 0 Owen
 Adam Lincoln 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Stalky:

Thats the spirit. You must be proud to be English. No wonder the foreign teams play so much better, they have the nation behind them. All we can do is slag them off. Id love to see you play any better out there.

People like you are the scum, not the chavs. Least they are supporting their nation.

Your pathetic.
In reply to drunken monkey: I hope you get Ally McLeod
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> (In reply to Stalky)
>
> Thats the spirit. You must be proud to be English. No wonder the foreign teams play so much better, they have the nation behind them. All we can do is slag them off. Id love to see you play any better out there.
>
> People like you are the scum, not the chavs. Least they are supporting their nation.
>
> Your pathetic.

Get off the fence and tell him what you really think!
In reply to Fawksey: Eh?
In reply to drunken monkey: Scotland manager in 1978 when Peru beat them 3-1 in the World Cup
 DougG 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

At least we were there.

Horse 06 Jun 2007
In reply to DougG:

Not often you can say that
In reply to DougG: Hey Im not scoring points! Drunken Monkeys comment about England keeping McLaren was vicious and nasty in the extreme
 DougG 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

Aye well Ally McLeod's deid so that probably rules him out.

Still rather have him than Vogts mind you.
In reply to DougG: Oh dear, I didnt know that, how long ago was that? Must admit the last time I saw him was in a beer advert with that chap from cracker
 DougG 06 Jun 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

My dad got sacked by Ally McLeod once. (He was a Scout at Motherwell - and quite a few other clubs - and when MacLeod took over at Fir Park he cleared everyone out. That would have been c.1980)

Macleod died in 2004.
 Banned User 77 06 Jun 2007
In reply to DougG: good result. Class showed.

Beckham HAS to keep his place now. Even injured his mobility was good. Great balls into tha danger area.

good performance overall. 3-0 against them is a good result.
In reply to Fawksey: Sorry, didnt mean to traumatise you. Poor thing.
In reply to drunken monkey: Im gonna need counselling
In reply to Fawksey: Hey, dont be down. He isnt as bad as Berti.

Yet! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaahahaha
 lummox 07 Jun 2007
In reply to Adam Lincoln: you can`t spell.

Chav.
 lummox 07 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon22: would you do owt to irritate an eighteen stone, pissed meathead in the pub either ?

No, I didn`t think so.

So your point is.... ?
Simon22 07 Jun 2007
In reply to lummox:

Eh? It was a little attempt at dry humour.

What's your point?
 lummox 07 Jun 2007
In reply to Simon22: I`m not sure, but my cantankerousness-ometer is on high.

p.s. Steve McLaren- 13th best manager in the EPL.
Simon22 07 Jun 2007
In reply to lummox:
> (In reply to Simon22) I`m not sure, but my cantankerousness-ometer is on high.

I guessed as much.........

Adam Lincoln 07 Jun 2007
In reply to lummox:

What can't i spell?
 Guy 07 Jun 2007
In reply to Adam Lincoln: your pathetic should have been you're but the meaning was there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...