UKC

Blue Socks and Beanies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Yrmenlaf 09 Jun 2007
Well, as more-or less threatened, I went to look at the boulders atop Great Whernside, compete with CJD's excellent notes that you can find on the Leeds Wall web.

Left the car at Lofthouse, yomped over the moor, played on the boulders and yomped back over a different moor.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed: I remembered the boulders from when I went up there as a Brussel Sprout many years ago, and I would have guessed that they were 5 - 10 m high. They are less than that, rarely achieving 5m

The rock is lovely to climb. Juggy, rough grit. There is nothing hard, therefore: I guess you could climb anywhere on the boulders, and not exceed 4c. That suits me.

So, if you fancy a walk up Great Whernside - for its own sake - by all means sling the rock shoes in. But I would not recommend you go up there specially to boulder.

I have clagged a couple or three 'photos in my gallery

Y.
brothersoulshine 09 Jun 2007
 UKC Forums 09 Jun 2007
This thread was started in the THE CHAT ROOM forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Rock Destinations - Rock climbing destinations Q&As. Interested in visiting a new rock climbing area? Having difficulties finding information? You are almost guaranteed that someone here will have been and can give you some pointers. It might be sun rock in Sardinia or sport routes in Switzerland. Where to stay, when to go, what routes to do.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 CJD 10 Jun 2007
In reply to Yrmenlaf:

hello!

ooo I haven't been back since we did that - seems like ages ago! it was just fun stuff to lark around on, and I guess you could get some harder stuff out of some sit-starts, but it's a great spot isn't it?
 kevin k 10 Jun 2007
In reply to Yrmenlaf: ok. i've just done a bridge in manchester!! fantastic!!
Yrmenlaf 10 Jun 2007
In reply to CJD:

I spent a pleasant couple of hours there, and enjoyed the walk.

I like that sort of day, a long walk with some easy rocks to play on as part of it.

Y.
Yrmenlaf 10 Jun 2007

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...