UKC

High Sports Walton on Thames

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rich Clayton 30 Jul 2007
Hi all, has anyone been to High Sports wall at Walton on Thames (Elmbridge)? I have just seen this on their website and thought about checking it out.

Thanks

Rich
i.munro 30 Jul 2007
In reply to Rich Clayton:

I did ask the same question on here when it first opened. You could have a search. I was told it was yet another wall with no bouldering so I never bothered to go & look.

Ian
Rich Clayton 30 Jul 2007
In reply to i.munro: Thanks Ian, will take a look.

Rich
 foulis 30 Jul 2007
There's a small cave bit below some of the routes for bouldering, but nothing much. They do put together a little bouldering challenge every so often, linking holds on the normal climbing wall, but not tried. I don't boulder much myself, but wouldn't recommend it.

Also there are no permanent crash mats
Rich Clayton 30 Jul 2007
In reply to foulis: How many actual routes are there or number of walls/square metres of climbing? Is it worth going for the walls?

Cheers

Rich
 foulis 31 Jul 2007
In reply to Rich Clayton:

They have 13 ropes up, two are auto belays. Routes per rope vary, they just put in some new routes, but haven't added them to the grade list, so not certain how many routes now, probably average three a rope. Most have bolts some with QDs for lead climbing. Grades are mainly around 6A, some 5+ 6b 6C couple of 7A, one 4. 13m high, approx 20m wide at a guess.

There is a second wall which is tiny and mainly for begineers, never really looked at it.

If I remember I could get some photos, and then work out how to e-mail them to you
Rich Clayton 31 Jul 2007
In reply to foulis: Thanks for that may take a look sometime.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...