UKC

Online Shop - Digital Rev

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cerulean 05 Nov 2007
Hello,

Just wondering if any of the photography enthusiasts on here have used this site to buy equipment?

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/index.php

With the Verisign affiliation, all the banking links, the complaints system, call-centre, and warranty, it seems to be a decent set-up. Sounds like they made their name from selling gear via 'everybody's favourite auction site' and are now trading direct from various international centres...

Cheers for any comments or feedback.
 orge 05 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean:

I picked up a remote from them and was intending on purchasing a lens - I found a cheaper deal from Microglobe. However, I would add that, from our communications, they seemed to be very accommodating and professional.

From my experience with other HK distributors (kea and others), they're generally highly recommended - anyone with several thousand feedback has clearly got a professional attitude and takes customer service seriously. My only slight reservation would be the warranty. However, I believe Digital-Rev have a local service centre to deal with problems?

As a general rule, where there has been an appreciable saving, I've never hesitated to use reputable overseas suppliers for lenses and peripherals. I would possibly think a bit harder for a camera body (mostly because you are more likely to need the warranty).

Hope that helps,

J
 haydn 06 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean:
I've made a couple of purchases through their eBay shop, and both times they've been really helpful, with good communication and everything running exactly as it should have. I'd certainly use them again.
belperpete 06 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean: Yep, I've had a few things from them and they've been excellent.
 slacky 06 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean:

How many of you who have ordered significant items from them (i.e. worth a fair bit such as lenses) have been hit with VAT when the items enter the UK?
 haydn 06 Nov 2007
In reply to slacky:
I know with the last one I was, but it was a "No VAT to pay" auction that DigitalRev advertise on eBay. Once I'd emailed them a copy of my receipt they refunded me within a couple of days without any problems.
 slacky 06 Nov 2007
In reply to haydn:

Thanks for that haydn, will definately keep an eye on their ebay shop for such offers.
 Bob Hughes 06 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean: I nearly did. They were very good on customer service but when I looked into it, it turned out I'd have to pay duty on the camera when it arrived here so it ended up not being much cheaper. In the end I went to pixmania.
 ChrisJD 06 Nov 2007
In reply to Cerulean:

I'd recommend kerso on ebay (based in Scotland)

or

urgalaxy in Hong Kong (ebay again)
Cerulean 07 Nov 2007
In reply to all:

Thanks everyone for the info. Most useful.

Sorry for late reply been away.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...