UKC

Shuffle Crack - Almscliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack00 10 Feb 2008
Tried it this morning but didn't want to make the traverse left so finished accross the severe next to it. Is it really only 5c?! There are no foot holds at all and just slopey nothing for you hands.

Anybody on here know of a specific way to do it or is it just a case of wedging your arms in and udging accross.

Help apprechiated, thanks, Jack.
 Chris Shorter 10 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack00:
> There are no foot holds at all and just slopey nothing for you hands.
>
> Anybody on here know of a specific way to do it or is it just a case of wedging your arms in and udging accross.
>
> Help apprechiated, thanks, Jack.

Looks easy from below doesn't it? Slopey and incredibly smooth too but there are footholds if you look carefully enough. I took it by a pumpy hand traverse. At least it's well protected now with big cams.
OP Jack00 10 Feb 2008
In reply to Chris Shorter: Yeah it would be if I had any! The first bit of smooth black wall on the left starts to get better the further around you go I think. I'll have to borrow/buy some big cams of just go fo it with the gear in the upper crack.
 andi turner 10 Feb 2008
In reply to Jack00: Yeah, just go for it, it gets easier with each move. I'm sure when my brother seconded me he put his right foot in the crack with his hands and kept pushing round.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...