ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - EXCLUSIVE: Last Great Chimney on Ben Nevis, WI 10 X

Michael Ryan - on 14 Feb 2008
From an icy Keene Valley in upstate New York's Adirondack mountains I am pleased to announce:

Last month UKClimbing.com brought you EXCLUSIVE reportage: words, images and video of THE KNOW-HOW” XXII 17 on Ben McNaughty climbed by Chamonix based toolers Nick Keegan, Esmeralda and LL Cool J

One commentator who now wants to remain anonymous said about the Know-How:

"Once in a while in sport, the bar is significantly raised. These events are rare, but this is such a moment."

The Know-How got a fast repeat by a raiding Scottish team consisting of Guy God, Doctor Doolittle and English boy Ian Haribo. They confirmed the overall quality of the route but said the grade was way out.

However, standards don't stay still for long these days and it seems the bar (and the glass) has been raised again in World Winter Climbing.

UKClimbing.com brings you another exclusive report of a significant winter ascent

The Last Great Chimney on Ben Nevis, Font WI 10 X
by Marshall Gaz, Roberta Jinglestop, With thanks to Fairy Wife and the Turnipmaker

Full report: video, pics, and words here:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=825

We await the response from Pent-up Fool, leader of the Chamonix based the Alpha Chambre Neuf sponsored hero team.
... not showing 26 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums