UKC

Cliffhanger - The Sequel ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martin riddell 19 Feb 2008
Sylvester doesn't hang around does he? Following the success of the latest instalments of Rocky and Rambo, he's reportedly planning a sequel to his action hit Cliffhanger.

The Renny Harlin directed movie revolved around the tale of mountain climber Gabe Walker (Sylvester Stallone) who is traumatised after failing to save the life of a fellow climber. However, he is called into action when a group of criminals try and steal millions of dollars lost in the mountains.

It proved to be a huge hit when it opened in 1994, and was seen as Stallone's comeback film following a series of flops. And seeing as he's on the comeback trail again, it should come as no surprise that he is reviving the franchise.

PR Inside claim that Sony studio are in talks with the 61-year-old actor to film the action sequel entitled Cliffhanger 2: The Dam.

But seeing as he's also recently announced that he will be making two new action movies with Sony it's hard to see how Stallone can find the time to make the Cliffhanger sequel before he really is too old to do the stunts. (Maybe the mountains will have stair lifts?)

And Stallone hasn't even finished with his Rambo franchise yet, saying on Jonathan Ross last Saturday, "I'd love to go back to Rambo again. You don't get to play that kind of character very often. At first it was stereotyped but now I'm really proud to have done it. It's timely. Ten years ago it wouldn't have been right."
 twm.bwen 19 Feb 2008
In reply to martin riddell: Bring it On!!
I don't mind admitting that Cliffhanger made me aware of this beautifull game!
 Hat Dude 19 Feb 2008
In reply to martin riddell:

Can't wait!

I do like a nice comedy
Dr.Strangeglove 19 Feb 2008
In reply to Hat Dude:
watched the start of rambo first blood last night.
actually a good film and excellent DWS scene
 Owen W-G 19 Feb 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove:

Rambo I is decent, agreed.

At the closing credits, there's a classic soft rock ballard about a lonely man on the road hurting like only a man can hurt down deep inside. Would love to have it on CD.
 Owen W-G 19 Feb 2008
In reply to Owen W-G:

I found it! (sorry for the hijack)

Hill Dan - It's A Long Road

It's A Long Road
when You're On Your Own
and It Hurts When
they Tear Your Dreams Apart
and Every New Town
just Seems To Bring You Down
trying To Find Peace Of Mind
can Break Your Heart
it's A Real War
right Outside Your Front Door I Tell Ya
out Where They'll Kill Ya
you Could Use A Friend
where The Road Is
that's The Place For Me
where I'm Me In My Own Space
where I'm Free That's The Place
i Wanna Be
'cause The Road Is Long Yeah
each Step Is Only The Beginning
no Breaks Just Heartaches
oh Man Is Anybody Winning
it's A Long Road
and It's Hard As Hell
tell Me What Do You Do
to Survive
when They Draw First Blood
that's Just The Start Of It
day And Night You Gotta Fight
to Keep Alive
it's A Long Road ...
 Peakpdr 19 Feb 2008
In reply to martin riddell: whoo hoo i wonder if he can still dyno like he used too
 Morgan Woods 19 Feb 2008
In reply to martin riddell:

there's a good account by David Brashaers of working on the CH set in his book High Exposure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...