UKC

PREVIEW: Climb Magazine - the April issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 10 Mar 2008
Check out what's coming up in the April issue of Climb Magazine .......

Articles, gear reviews, competitions....including 8 pages dedicated to the exclusive James Pearson feature together with some fantastic photographs including the front cover shot.

PREVIEW: Climb Magazine - the April issue here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=859
 GrahamD 10 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

For some daft reason, I'd assumed that the groove was climbed inside the grrove as it were !
martin k 10 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: how's the front cover looking this month mick...is it the same old downwards looking close-up view onto a logo'd up superstar, or is it thoroughly inspirational, showcasing the best of british climbing?

cheerio!
Sam L 10 Mar 2008
In reply to martin k:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) how's the front cover looking this month mick...is it the same old downwards looking close-up view onto a logo'd up superstar, or is it thoroughly inspirational, showcasing the best of british climbing?

I reckon you probably answered your own question there...
 TobyA 10 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I just got the last months Climb - it takes a bit of time to get over here! Anyone else notice the first letter is from Patagonia saying very politely that Climb had managed to get the wrong picture next to the month's before review of a Patagonia jacket. Then I looked at the new gear page, and their is a review of a leatherman tool with a pic of a swiss army knife next to it! Whoops.

Then there is another letter from a climbing wall - politely pointing out that they had managed to miss the word "not" out of sentence which should have read something like "this climbing wall is not only interested in the elite". You can see how a climbing wall might get a bit upset by the missing "not".

I like Climbs style and mix of articles, but the editing is really weak because every month there are these types of mistake. I contributed an article once and they managed to make quite a big error in the laying out which made an entire paragraph not make sense.
OP Michael Ryan 10 Mar 2008
In reply to martin k:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) how's the front cover looking this month mick...is it

...getting my copy signed by James Pearson...........

Mick
martin k 12 Mar 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: mick! i've just seen it for the first time, and guess what? it's a downwards looking close-up view onto a logo'd up superstar...

...words fail me!

xx
Sam L 17 Mar 2008
In reply to martin k: Ha ha...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...