UKC

rock shoe re-soling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ee 26 Mar 2008
anyone suggest a good repair outlet to resole rock shoes @ sensible ££?
 CJD 26 Mar 2008
In reply to ian carruthers:

cheshire shoe repairs in Warrington did my katanas, resoling them with stealth rubber and re-randing them, for £28 including postage. Bargain! I know lots of people use Feet First, who are based sheffield way, but I think they might be a bit more expensive.
OP Ee 26 Mar 2008
In reply to CJD: thanks m8,sounds very good will check out.
 deepsoup 26 Mar 2008
In reply to CJD:
Feet First have a shop in Sheff but they're actually based in Chesterfield - I think the Sheffield shop just sends rock shoes over to Ches Vegas. I don't think theres much difference in price.

http://www.cheshireshoe.co.uk/
http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/
OP Ee 26 Mar 2008
In reply to deepsoup: excellent m8,thanks a lot.
 pinkie 27 Mar 2008

send em to chesire shoe .. they did a gud repair job 4 me...
 stubbed 28 Mar 2008

I got mine resoled by the Cheshire lot but wouldn't recommend it.
Cost £30 or something and did an ok job but the shoes didn't fit the same and only lasted 6 months or so. Better to just pay £60 for a new pair that last twice as long. For me anyway
 digby 28 Mar 2008
Just had a pair of scarpa visions and boreal spiders ruined by resoling, to join the others that suffered the same fate. If you want your finely pointed asymmetric shoes to come back as round toed gumshoes with no stiffness to the sole then go ahead.
I think I'm finally cured of the idea now that I have a large pile of shoes suitable for scrambling.

Any beginners want some cheap shoes??
 digby 28 Mar 2008
In reply to digby:
And that was not a million miles away from Cheshire by the way
 James Oswald 31 Mar 2008
In reply to digby:
How much? i don't need a third pair but i want one
 kendogcatchy 31 Mar 2008
In reply to digby:
I've had my barracudas resoled 3 times, means I can get stickier rubber on 'em, and stay with a comfortable fit. The stiffness is an issue, but I use the barracudas for grit, so its not such a big deal for me.

I also used feet first. no complaints.
In reply to ian carruthers: lancashire sports repair use 5.10 rubber...it www.lsr.gb.uk i think
Chris Tan Ver. L - Lost in Time 31 Mar 2008
In reply to digby:

What size and how much? As I don't climb hard, only about E2 on grit.
Mr Justice Cocklecarrot 31 Mar 2008

Cheshire Shoe Repairs. Don't touch Feet First, they bollocksed a pair of mine up, and their 'customer service' was pathetic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...