UKC

Awesome Walls Stockport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 30 Mar 2008
Went down to this wall for the first time and I was very impressed indeed. I didn't play on the bouldering section so I can't comment on that part.

Got to say that a 23.5 meter Lead Wall is quite high in anybody's books and the side walls at around 12.5 meters arn't to be scoffed at either.

On the whole I enjoyed the day and can't wait to get back there especially as it had some very nice lady climbers

If I was to make a minor criticism, and it is very minor as well as subjective on my part, I would have to say that the grades were slightly over graded compared to places like the Ingleton wall.
 James Oswald 30 Mar 2008
In reply to The Lemming:
Yep there were quite a few nice lady climbers today .

Well at least the overgrading makes you feel good!!!
ypy 31 Mar 2008
In reply to james oswald:

Was there today myself. To be honest I didn't really notice that many nice ladies, maybe I wasn't looking.
 stubbed 31 Mar 2008
In reply to The Lemming:

Hey I'm one of the ladies... I agree the routes are a bit overgraded but not too bad. Made my tenonitis worse though
ypy 31 Mar 2008
In reply to stubbed:

Apologies, I had no intention of offending. Have you had a go at the bouldering problems set for the British team, they are NOT easy, but quite satisfying.
 James Oswald 31 Mar 2008
In reply to ypy:
They are exhausting!!! Unfortunately no grade was given
OP The Lemming 31 Mar 2008
In reply to stubbed:
> (In reply to The Lemming)
>
> Hey I'm one of the ladies... .

No need to appologise, you were all very atractive.
crabstick 09 Apr 2008
In reply to The Lemming: I was at the Liverpool one yesterday talking to some other climbers about this one. They were saying you almost need a 60m rope for the big wall. Need to get over and check it out.
OP The Lemming 09 Apr 2008
In reply to crabstick:
> (In reply to The Lemming) I was at the Liverpool one yesterday talking to some other climbers about this one. They were saying you almost need a 60m rope for the big wall. Need to get over and check it out.

You'll be fine with 50m rope but make sure it is that length before climbing.

crabstick 09 Apr 2008
In reply to The Lemming: Ha ha, yeah, that'd be frustrating!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...