UKC

Cliffhanger - the sequel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BrianT 28 Apr 2008
No, not the comedy climbing caper starring Sylvester.

I'm talking about the Cliffhanger Outdoor Festival, which is in July this year, and in Millhouses Park, on Abbeydale Road , rather than Graves Park, as it was last year. A short walk from the Climbing Works.

I'm glad it's happening again, as I felt really sorry for Matt (Heason) who organised it all last year, because it seemingly spent the entire weekend belting down. Not good for an outdoor festival.

I note that this time there's a proper beer festival, run by CAMRA, which has to be an improvement. Real ale and dyno comps in the July sunshine! Ace. Not that I'll be dynoing anywhere, other than for the bar.

Anyone else gonna go then? Are we all gonna wear our UKC teeshirts, in lieu of the masonic sign? Will we AT LAST be able to engineer the meeting of Mick Ryan and JCT, an event that will surely eclipse the switch-on of the Large Hadron Collider? If we do, will they annihilate each other in a burst of pure energy, and if so, which of them is the antimatter?!

loopyone 28 Apr 2008
In reply to BrianT: I got all excited then....only for my hopes to be dashed
OP BrianT 28 Apr 2008
In reply to tatty112: Soz. Still, the beer fest is looking good...
http://www.cliff-hanger.co.uk/whatson/32/beer-festival
 Zygoticgema 28 Apr 2008
In reply to BrianT: Damn it I have a hen party that weekend! CURSES!
In reply to BrianT: Should read

> No, not the comedy climbing caper starring Sylvester.
>
> I'm talking about the Cliffhanger Outdoor Festival, which is in July this year, and in Millhouses Park, on Abbeydale Road , rather than Graves Park, as it was last year. A short walk from the Climbing Works.
>
> I'm glad it's happening again, as I felt really sorry for Matt (Heason) who organised it all last year, because it seemingly spent the entire weekend belting down. Not good for an outdoor festival.
>
> I note that this time there's a proper beer festival, run by CAMRA, which has to be an improvement. Real ale and dyno comps in the July sunshine! Ace. Not that I'll be dynoing anywhere, other than for the bar.
>
> Anyone else gonna go then? Are we all gonna wear our UKC teeshirts, in lieu of the masonic sign? Will we AT LAST be able to engineer the meeting of Mick Ryan and JCT, an event that will surely eclipse the switch-on of the Large Hadron Collider? If we do, will they annihilate each other in a burst of pure energy, and if so, which of them is the doesitmatter?!

OP BrianT 28 Apr 2008
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
> (In reply to BrianT) Should read
>
> [...]

Maybe not to you eh? Grumpy by name...

zygoticgema: "Damn it I have a hen party that weekend! CURSES!"

Have it at Cliffhanger! Get drunk in the sun and laugh a lot at stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...