UKC

First flash of Borderline, Scafell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
evephizacklea 26 May 2008
Excuses for using my daughter's registration, but---
Can anyone confirm who first flashed Borderline on the East Buttress, and who first flashed it on sight?
Cheers
Al Phizacklea
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 26 May 2008
In reply to evephizacklea:

Eve, er Al

Nice to see you posting - hope you are on the mend!

I may be mistaken, but I would be very surprised if it has been flashed - and even more surprised if anyone has on sighted it placing the gear.

But then again, there are some very strong lads (and lasses) about nowadays...

Cheers

Neil
evephizacklea 26 May 2008
Neil,
I have one strong claim for an on-sight flash, whether or not the claimant can be believed is another thing!
 will 26 May 2008
In reply to evephizacklea: I thought i heard that Birkett had flashed it but could be wrong, although whoever i heard that off might have been getting muddled up with the siege perilous. Theres chalk on both Borderline and Birketts route which continues up the flake at the moment. Seen yesterday.
Will Sim
 andy 26 May 2008
In reply to evephizacklea: Are you on the mend then, Al? Heard the nitty gritty of your adventure from Bob - sounds 'orrible.
Hi Al

Get well very soon. I spoke with Stevie W and he said he had onsighted (Or maybe flashed it). This was a while ago and it is probably the said claim you are refering to!!

Cheers

Mark
 Geordie 27 May 2008
> Excuses for using my daughter's registration, but---
> Can anyone confirm who first flashed Borderline on the East Buttress, and who first flashed it on sight?
> Cheers
> Al Phizacklea

Didn't Ian Cummings do the second ascent of this and suggest a downgrade?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...