UKC

Slipstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 54ms 09 Jun 2008
Just got back from my second visit. I've now taken more beatings there then all the other crags I've been to this year, my fingers are shredded, my body hurts and my ego dented, but like a drug I'm already planning my next hit. Any other addicts out there?
 jkarran 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

Five years away has taken the edge off the craving but it never goes away... you're doomed

jk
 John_Hat 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

Oh yes. My favourite crag. I've moved so far away and it still haunts me........... (wolf howls, moon goes behind a cloud)
tcoulthard 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:
Great place - one of my favourite places to be in the world...
Many of the problems there have quite a knack... RH twin took me ages to figure and only V1 (seeth!) but now its done, its a path (well nearly!). T
OP 54ms 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

I thought that Gollinglith looked soft touch and would be good for my first E2 onsight. I was wrong. I then got humiliated by falling of the top moves of Escalator. Eyeing up Marr's route I thought that the overhang would be the crux. I didn't get as far as the break to put gear in.

Epic Fail!!!
 Eagle River 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

Best quality grit I've climbed on in Yorkshire. I've only been once but am keen to get back up there now I'm a little stronger. If only it was a bit closer.....
 DaveWarb 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S: Escalator has a MONSTER reach on it at the top! Gollingith i soloed but i was out of my depth and lucky. I've heard Slipstones is rather 'fiece' with respect to grading.
 CJD 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

oh it's just loooooooveeeely up there. It has the added advantage of being sufficiently close to my parents house that I can call in for dinner on the way back. Winner!
 Jack00 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S: Just got back aswell. I was the guy struggling on everything. It all felt hard today!
Yrmenlaf 09 Jun 2008
In reply to Duncan_S:

Top venue, in my opinion.

Loads more stuff as well thereabouts: not far from Ash Head Crag or Sypeland.

Y.
 Chris F 10 Jun 2008
In reply to Yrmenlaf: Brown Beck is also worth the extra 20 min walk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...